Undo Form Changes? (1 Viewer)

LHolden

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:46
Hi all!

I've been asked to create an 'undo' button for any changes that users may make to the database I'm building. The way I went about this was creating an "Archive" table. When the user tries to edit information through the form, all of the information for that client is automatically appended to the Archive table before any changes are made. If the user makes a mistake, they can open another form, which shows the stored records filtered by combo boxes. They can then select what information they would like restored and restore it using a button on the form.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this, so I'd be more than happy to take pointers on that, but my main problem is different.

I have another form that deals with agents and their agencies. I was asked to create a form where all of the agents in 1 agency could have their addresses changed simply by changing the agency's address. I made this possible, and have been trying to create an undo form similar to the previous one for the agents. The problem I keep running into is that I can't think of a way to restore multiple records at the same time. For example if the user wants to restore all 7 changed addresses, they would have to do it 1 at a time the way I've set it up. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom