Solved Unrecognised Database Format (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:44
FWIW, I have had very mixed results when trying to run multiple versions of Office on the same machine, while still trying to make use of full fledged Access development and deployment, especially if you have to make use of creating instances of engines and workspaces and app instances outside of Access, other scripting or office programs etc.

I've heard others have done/do it more successfully, but count me out of even attempting it.
If you've ever had a different version (than the one you believe is your now-current Only version) installed, triple check to be sure no remnants of it are left. A normal, totally clean 2010 install shouldn't be giving you all these problems, esp after you've created a 2010 accdb and imported mdb objects into it clean.

kevnaff

Local time
Today, 23:44
FWIW, I have had very mixed results when trying to run multiple versions of Office on the same machine, while still trying to make use of full fledged Access development and deployment, especially if you have to make use of creating instances of engines and workspaces and app instances outside of Access, other scripting or office programs etc.

I've heard others have done/do it more successfully, but count me out of even attempting it.
If you've ever had a different version (than the one you believe is your now-current Only version) installed, triple check to be sure no remnants of it are left. A normal, totally clean 2010 install shouldn't be giving you all these problems, esp after you've created a 2010 accdb and imported mdb objects into it clean.

Hi Isaac,

I don't have the admin rights to be able to do a clean install of 2010 in my workplace unfortunately.

I will try doing it at home on a clean install of 2010, and see if the issue is solved.

Thanks

kevnaff

Local time
Just an update on this issue which I solved a while ago now.

My organisation used to store the front end on the user's PC in what was known as a Home folder. This Home folder was static and was specific to that PC, therefore if an employee went to another PC they wouldn't have access to the front end.

At some point when our PCs were upgraded by IT, they made the user's Home folder a roaming folder, so wherever you went in the organisation, everything would follow you around. So we were now accessing the front end from a network folder, which was then accessing the backend data from another network folder on a different server.

I placed the front end on each user's C: Drive and I've had no issues since. If a user goes elsewhere in the organisation they can just drop a copy on to the C: Drive and use it wherever they wish.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks for the update. Glad you have a solution

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Very strange. We had the exact same setup in lloyds bank with roaming profiles, and the fe/be worked fine?

kevnaff

Local time
Very strange. We had the exact same setup in lloyds bank with roaming profiles, and the fe/be worked fine?

Strangely there was a 1 week period where it worked fine with roaming profiles. Apart from this 1 week, it would corrupt multiple times a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom