Update Front End (1 Viewer)

oleronesoftwares

Passionate Learner
Local time
Today, 10:41
I'm sorry but that link isn't relevant either. As it clearly states in the article, its allows Web apps to interact with local files which is nothing to do with the point of this thread
its a web based api that allows the manipulation of files and folders in the users local computer system.

So its left to the strenght of the user, apis' to achieve it can be created in languages like

c#, c++ etc.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:41
its a web based api that allows the manipulation of files and folders in the users local computer system.

Yes I know what it is - I read the article as well before replying.
As already stated, its not relevant to copying files from a network location to update files on a local drive.

But if you can provide actual code that would do exactly that based on the link provided, do enlighten me.

Kayleigh

Local time
Today, 17:41
Can I bring up a related issue I've been having with this - the batch file is created to update FE but not run automatically.
I believe it is related to an anti-virus software running on the machine (typically Avast). Would anyone know how to make an exception to allow batch files to run or direct me to some more info regarding this please.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:41
Can I bring up a related issue I've been having with this - the batch file is created to update FE but not run automatically.
I believe it is related to an anti-virus software running on the machine (typically Avast). Would anyone know how to make an exception to allow batch files to run or direct me to some more info regarding this please.
Hi. Just thinking out loud here, but just as Access implemented Trusted Settings to allow certain database files to run, perhaps the antivirus software has something similar. Try going into its Options or Settings screen and see if you can find s feature to allow batch files to run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom