Update records on all rows in a continuous form based on user input (1 Viewer)

Martinchox

Local time
Today, 19:30
Hi everyone!

I've been busting my brains on this for a few days now and I haven't been able to find a solution. I have an access development with sql server as back-end which creates a sort of packing list. I have already developed and managed to make it work nicely BUT I have found a problem in my form. It's basically a continuous form in which the user selects the customer he wants to create a pack for and starts inputing quantities for any requests that are pending. The rows are splitted by request number (basically an ID), and these come from two separate databases. The problem I have is that, for a given article and customer, there could be multiple requests, so the form would show "request 1, article 5, quantity to pack in db1, quantity to pack in db2, user input for db1, user input for db2, stock available". My problem lies in stock available. Since the system splits rows per request ID (this is a must considering the rest of the procedure, changing this implies changing a really long list of very complex procedures), when the user inputs the amount he wants to pack for a given article, the after update is set to check if this quantity is less or equal to the available. The problem is that when the user goes to another row the stock available is not updated for that same article, it correctly changes the available for the row he first entered data, but thats it.
I've tried using recalc, repaint, requery, refresh and nothing seems to work.

I'll try to post the app but I need to find out how to make it work without the databases (there are like 15 procedures running before you get data in de app that occur upon opening).

I can however post the query that brings the data to this form and the VBA code I'm using (I'm very basic in VBA) as after update event for the field in question.

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• emp_filt_qry.txt
    686 bytes · Views: 344
  • vbacode.txt
    184 bytes · Views: 321

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:30
Sorry but the whole setup sound odd - ... 2 different databases, ... 15 procedures running before you get data in de app that occur upon opening!

The problem is that when the user goes to another row the stock available is not updated for that same article, it correctly changes the available for the row he first entered data, but thats it.
Could you show some printscreen of the above, what you want to happen?

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:30
Im away from my machine now, but my guess is you have a table's setup issue.

Martinchox

Local time
Today, 19:30
Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

It's actually two servers, I have a local server where the app is running and a linked server (sorry I forgot to clarify this before), the processes are meant to consolidate customers (in both dbs they have equal names) and requests. Here's a pic, since I don't currently have a testing environment without real data I have to blur out the names of customers and stuff.

Attachments

• 2015-11-07_151712.jpg
    2015-11-07_151712.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 332

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom