updating tables (1 Viewer)

Adam1970

Local time
Today, 14:32
Hi
I hope someone can help, I have 3 tables

PurchaseT - Containing PurchaseID & Status
PurchaseDetailT - Containing PurchaseDetailID, PurchaseID & Complete (Y/N)
ReceivingT - Containing PurchaseDetailID, PurchaseID & Complete (Y/N)

When selecting yes in the complete field in the ReceivingT i want the corresponding complete field in PurchaseDetailT to update to Yes.
then
if all lines are set to yes in PurchaseDetailT for the corresponding PurchaseID, i then want the PurchaseT status to change from default value "Live" to "Complete". If not complete it should remain "Live"
I look forward to your comments

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:32
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

If something can be calculated, it's usually recommended to not do store it in a table. So, if the complete field is selected as yes, then that should be enough to know that the related table would also be completed. No need to set it as completed as well.

tvanstiphout

Local time
Today, 06:32
Hi
I hope someone can help, I have 3 tables

PurchaseT - Containing PurchaseID & Status
PurchaseDetailT - Containing PurchaseDetailID, PurchaseID & Complete (Y/N)

When selecting yes in the complete field in the ReceivingT i want the corresponding complete field in PurchaseDetailT to update to Yes.
then
if all lines are set to yes in PurchaseDetailT for the corresponding PurchaseID, i then want the PurchaseT status to change from default value "Live" to "Complete". If not complete it should remain "Live"
I look forward to your comments

That is a mistake. If I give you a PurchaseDetailID, you can dip into the PurchaseDetailT table to retrieve the PurchaseID, so it should not be in this ReceivingT table.

Adam1970

Local time

That is a mistake. If I give you a PurchaseDetailID, you can dip into the PurchaseDetailT table to retrieve the PurchaseID, so it should not be in this ReceivingT table.
Thanks, have fixed this. purchasedetailT is updating.
Now just need an update to the purchaseT only when all corresponding purchasedetailT are marked as complete

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 08:32
Now just need an update to the purchaseT only when all corresponding purchasedetailT are marked as complete

Nope. To iterate DBguy---if something is calculable you don't store the result of the calculation. You do the calculation to get the result when you need it.

That means you build a query based on PurchaseDetailT to determine if all details are complete then reference that query when you want to know that information for a record in PurchaseT

Adam1970

Local time
Nope. To iterate DBguy---if something is calculable you don't store the result of the calculation. You do the calculation to get the result when you need it.

That means you build a query based on PurchaseDetailT to determine if all details are complete then reference that query when you want to know that information for a record in PurchaseT
Thanks
I need to explain what I'm attempting.
On Receiving Form I have 2 cascading combo boxes.
1. PO number
2. PO items.
I want to set combo 1 to only show PO numbers where the status is live, hence the reason for the status field in the PurchaseT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom