US leaders (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:55
Yes they declared war on a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, that there was never any evidence even to suggest it:rolleyes:
Come on: person who planned the attacks = foreign. Iraq = foreign. If that's not a solid basis for war, I don't know what is.:rolleyes: As the pretty slideshow informed us, the US marines were also attacked in Beirut, which falls under the catch-all category of being 'foreign' and adds further justification for the invasion of Iraq.

Perhaps if the person who created the slideshow worried less about God being in the classroom and more about teachers being in the classroom, the ability to distinguish between foreign countries (and to spell words like 'misled' and 'forgotten' correctly) would be improved?

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:55
They just wanted to get even with Iran for taking over their embassy back in the 80's.
Turned out it was a typo. :)

KenHigg

Local time
.. the ability to distinguish between foreign countries

You kind of lost me on this one. Do you mean the ability to distinguish one foreign country from another or the ability to distinguish a foreign country from their own?

KenHigg

Local time
They just wanted to get even with Iran for taking over their embassy back in the 80's.
Turned out it was a typo. :)

Sorry if you posted this earlier but just where do you reside?

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
And in what part of the video did that happen?
Just after the stuff about 'In case you have forgotten, we are at war', the slideshow lists attacks in or by people based in Beirut, the Yemen and Afghanistan. It then rambles on about how people want the US to stop fighting before the war is won - I may be paraphrasing, but I couldn't watch the whole thing again, even with the sound off.

The implication is that the war in Iraq should continue at least in part because of these attacks. Since these countries have nothing in common other than the fact that they're not the US, and Iraq wasn't part of the attacks anyway, it came across as quite a confused message and gave the impression that the writer has a problem distingushing one foreign country from another.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:55
I will be heading out tomorrow with my Made in US of A guns and in the car with the Chev V8:D

Just seen the news goingon about your drought and poor grain harvest.
Don't suppose the fact that you drive around in V8s has anything to do with this?

brian

KenHigg

Local time
Just after the stuff about 'In case you have forgotten, we are at war', the slideshow lists attacks in or by people based in Beirut, the Yemen and Afghanistan.

Ok...

It then rambles on about how people want the US to stop fighting before the war is won - I may be paraphrasing, but I couldn't watch the whole thing again, even with the sound off.

Sorry but your 'it then' is a bit dis-jointed and doesn't really indicate the writer does not know one country from the next does it?

And I really see nothing in the rest of your post that supports that argument either:

The implication is that the war in Iraq should continue at least in part because of these attacks. Since these countries have nothing in common other than the fact that they're not the US, and Iraq wasn't part of the attacks anyway, it came across as quite a confused message and gave the impression that the writer has a problem distingushing one foreign country from another.

Maybe you were just so anxious to get on the hate band wagon that you failed to judge the video objectively. As for me, I was confused by the first part were it said something about one way, two way, etc. What did all of that mean?

(And when you gig some one else on spelling be sure you get your stuff right i.e. ‘distingushing’ ? )

KenHigg

Local time
Just seen the news goingon about your drought and poor grain harvest.
Don't suppose the fact that you drive around in V8s has anything to do with this?

brian

Could be, I don't remember seeing any delta 88's stuck in any mudslides :)

KenHigg

Local time
All of the idle hate you care to muster in this forum is blown like a fart in the wind and you'll have nothing for your efforts. On the other hand, if you try understand why some of our leaders have inflated egos, as some of us here are trying to do, by getting to know us and being friendly and having constructive dialogs, perhaps that too will be blown in the wind... And that's not much fun anyway. Never mind blast away at us :)

R

Rich

All of the idle hate you care to muster in this forum is blown like a fart in the wind and you'll have nothing for your efforts. On the other hand, if you try understand why some of our leaders have inflated egos, as some of us here are trying to do, by getting to know us and being friendly and having constructive dialogs, perhaps that too will be blown in the wind... And that's not much fun anyway. Never mind blast away at us :)

Your continued support for Bush and the Republican party creates a huge obstacle, now if you're prepared to renounce that addiction we can start to show you the error of your ways and return to a peaceful dialogue:cool:

KenHigg

Local time
Your continued support for Bush and the Republican party creates a huge obstacle, now if you're prepared to renounce that addiction we can start to show you the error of your ways and return to a peaceful dialogue:cool:

I suspect that it's not so much of an addiction to what we currently have as stated that is an obstacle to a return to friendy banter but rather the repugnant option(s) that lurks...Sorry :)

R

Rich

I suspect that it's not so much of an addiction to what we currently have as stated that is an obstacle to a return to friendy banter but rather the repugnant option(s) that lurks...Sorry :)

Kenneth why can't you accept that we have such a deep love and affection for the American peoples that we simply want to help save you?:confused:

M

Mike375

I must of missed that or was that the one where you had some bullshit about the a-bombing was for ending a war?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom