US Weather (1 Viewer)

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:24
That is right, greedy liberals, like Sorros, Warren, Gore, etc................

Far more people got rich on fossil fuels.

The Rockefellers got rich on oil but have decided to move their money to renewable energy. They will probably make a fortune there too because that is where the demand is rapidly moving to.

All the data for Global Warming is bogus.

So many tens of thousands of scientists everywhere have all made up the data but nobody noticed?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 05:24
Some people also believe the world is 2014 years old. Some people just argue with science. :D

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:24
Well, while I have seen data that indicates the exact opposite of what you two suggest, I do not have that data at my finger tips as Galaxiom and Mr. Frothingslosh would have and I do not have the time nor the inclination to broaden my horizons in that direction any time soon.
. I feel we have a few far worse agendas to fix than whether all the ice caps are going to melt in the next 100/200 years and swamp Florida or New York. I do reserve the right to correct you punctuation on these posts...LOL.......

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Well, while I have seen data that indicates the exact opposite of what you two suggest, I do not have that data at my finger tips as Galaxiom and Mr. Frothingslosh would have and I do not have the time nor the inclination to broaden my horizons in that direction any time soon.
. I feel we have a few far worse agendas to fix than whether all the ice caps are going to melt in the next 100/200 years and swamp Florida or New York. I do reserve the right to correct you punctuation on these posts...LOL.......

The only arguments I've seen on an "increase" in the polar ice caps represents data over a few year span in the last decade sometime, which really doesn't show the entire picture. It would take a much more significant increase in mass, enough to make up for the changes observed over the last 50 years, to really disprove that the world's climate is changing and causing this shift.

I think it's something we should all be concerned with. Sure, there are other issues that we all run into as an individual, society, country, species, etc... that can take priority, but it doesn't change the fact that this is something worth paying attention to.

It's like playing the project game at work. You might have three major projects and 15 smaller higher priority projects. It doesn't change the fact that the three major projects still need your attention. ;)

I do reserve the right to correct you punctuation on these posts

your* ;)

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
The only arguments I've seen on an "increase" in the polar ice caps represents data over a few year span in the last decade sometime, which really doesn't show the entire picture. It would take a much more significant increase in mass, enough to make up for the changes observed over the last 50 years, to really disprove that the world's climate is changing and causing this shift.

I think it's something we should all be concerned with. Sure, there are other issues that we all run into as an individual, society, country, species, etc... that can take priority, but it doesn't change the fact that this is something worth paying attention to.

It's like playing the project game at work. You might have three major projects and 15 smaller higher priority projects. It doesn't change the fact that the three major projects still need your attention. ;)

your* ;)

Touché
grinning from ear to ear!

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Getting back on topic, while I'm not a big fan of Wimp.com, they definitely have a bunch of amazing photos HERE from Snowmageddon in Buffalo.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
While the snow is bad, it looks like the worst is yet to come, High Temperatures and Snow tend to flood everything and water is unforgiving as New Orleanians found out.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:24
I believe that they are also having rain, which could lead to more roofs collapsing as the snow soaks it up before it melts. A real rough deal.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom