US Weather (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 18:54
Sitting comfortably watching the news whilst having my lunch I saw the report of the weather in the US , it appears that the whole of North America is covered in snow and that the freezing weather goes as far south as Florida , you guys have my sympathy.

Brian

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 13:54
Happened last year, too. This year is supposed to be worse.

I saw a forecast map not too long ago that listed what to expect for various regions. The Great Lakes region was annotated with "You're f***ed". (Not sure on the exact swearing policy here, so playing it safe.)

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:54
was 16 degrees here this morning. is supposed to warm up to 40's the rest of the week and then maybe 60's over the weekend. It is a roller coaster down here.

Fill sorry for the people in Buffalo NY area with up to 6 feet of snow within 24 hours. Now they are talking about another 36 hours of snow up there and then a quick thaw.

In the northern states, back in the 60's, snow stayed on the ground from sometime in Nov thru. April.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:54
That's climate change for you.

Luckily much of the USA and also Tony Abbott don't believe in it, so it wont affect them.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
There is not such thing as the "climate change", Global warming, etc........but all this snow and cold weather is caused by it,,,,,,,, I seeeeeeeee said the blind man!!!;).

It is just good ole TN weather. Because we are on the outside line of most weather fronts (within 25-50 miles) you never know what your going to get.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Can someone send some rain to California, getting like a dust bowl out here.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
It quite literally cannot be, Kevlray - after all, according to Blade, there's no such thing as climate change, evidence be damned!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I love how the satellite imaging clearly shows the polar caps melting over the years, yet there are people that still believe the Earth is not warming up. I also love how they compare climate change to weather like they are the same thing. There is NO denying that the Earth's climate is changing. We are on the tail end of an ice age, after all! This isn't the first time it's even happened based on everything we know. The biggest dispute is how much humans are impacting or escalating the change. Even if you don't believe we are causing any of it to speed up, stop denying that it exists!

These polar blasts can very well be caused by these melting caps!

Even if you don't believe we are influencing climate change, can you really say there is anything wrong with leaving a smaller footprint on the Earth? We only have one planet, there's nothing wrong with leading a cleaner life and creating less environmental pollution. Is there really a need to drive around in a fake Hummer that gets less than 10 miles to the gallon?

We've already destroyed most natural water sources on Earth. Would you drink out of random streams today? What about eat fish out of them? I know I wouldn't. Tests on the Saint Johns River through my city confirmed some pretty sick results.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:54
Can someone send some rain to California, getting like a dust bowl out here.

The signs have been that El Nino is coming soon but it keeps backing off. Eventually it will come and California should get some wet times while droughts in Australia will become worse.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Vassago, that reminds me of this comic I saw a while back:

Vassago

Local time
Exactly! There was a quote on Sleepy Hollow that stuck with me. Ichabod was startled by the revelation that people buy water to drink when there are streams everywhere. She made the point that the water wasn't safe to drink from the stream. He said something to the effect that the level in which we've destoryed the world and the natural resources in 200 years astounds him.

I couldn't agree more.

It's crazy to think how much things really have changed in so little time and how much damage we've done to the Earth.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Greed will be the death of us.

Quite literally.

That is right, greedy liberals, like Sorros, Warren, Gore, etc................

You get the idea. They want you to believe there is a global warming.

They want you to buy Carbon Credits, or spread the wealth around the world.

Well, Al Gore got rich off of it. All the data for Global Warming is bogus.

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Year 2000 clothing was nothing????

Attachments

• Global Warming.jpg
    Global Warming.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 82

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Your fantasy land must be a terrible place to live. It's a shame that you and your corporate overlords have to take the rest of the planet down the drain with you.

Last edited:

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Your fantasy land must be a terrible place to live. It's a shame that you and your corporate overlords have to take the rest of the planet down the drain with you.

Mr. Froth: I can see you indeed have a complex. Have you seen your psch lately?

Vassago

Local time
That is right, greedy liberals, like Sorros, Warren, Gore, etc................

You get the idea. They want you to believe there is a global warming.

They want you to buy Carbon Credits, or spread the wealth around the world.

Well, Al Gore got rich off of it. All the data for Global Warming is bogus.

You really don't think global warming is a real thing? Not even arguing on our impact on it, how can you dispute that it exists?

Subsequent searches comparing a large gap in time show similar results. This also isn't the first time this has happened in our planet's history according to experts. This is how ice ages work. The world is getting warmer as we exit the ice age. What is hard to understand about that?

Bladerunner

Registered User.
Local time
Where is the sea ice? the South pole ice is growing by leaps and bounds. Greenland's Glacier is retreating. Why do they call Greenland, Greenland????????

The arctic is melting they say and Florida and NY should be underwater by now..... Kinda like putting an ice cube in a glass of water and measuring the high of the water after the ice cube has melted. WIll it be higher?????/

Again, this is just a liberal way to for the very rich liberals to make a bunch of money while controlling the masses.

But again, I respect you notion and though I cannot talk you out of it, we are both going to find out in the end , who was right. Maybe if we are still alive, we can talk about it then.

Vassago

Local time
Where is the sea ice? the South pole ice is growing by leaps and bounds. Greenland's Glacier is retreating. Why do they call Greenland, Greenland????????

The arctic is melting they say and Florida and NY should be underwater by now..... Kinda like putting an ice cube in a glass of water and measuring the high of the water after the ice cube has melted. WIll it be higher?????/

Again, this is just a liberal way to for the very rich liberals to make a bunch of money while controlling the masses.

But again, I respect you notion and though I cannot talk you out of it, we are both going to find out in the end , who was right. Maybe if we are still alive, we can talk about it then.

The ocean has been rising! Have you ever been to Miami? I go once a year. There are places that were built along the coast that are no longer accessible due to rising waters. No, they've estimated that if ALL of the polar caps melt, Florida will be under water, but not by the small amount it has shrunk.

Increasing in size? Only compared to five years ago. Did you not see the graphic above? Increase your scope and you will see a big difference.

Which still brings me back to my last point. What's wrong with leaving a smaller footprint? Even if you don't believe that we are leaving an ice age and that the Earth is warming (again), what's wrong with less pollution? Cleaner water? Cleaner air? A nicer place for your children and generations beyond? Seriously! I don't dispute anything as far as how much we are impacting it because we really don't know, but pollution is pollution and it's already done enough to this planet, the only one we have.

Do people really need their hummers so badly?

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:54
Why do they call Greenland, Greenland????????

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenland
It was the early Scandinavian settlers who gave the country the name Greenland. In the Icelandic sagas, it is said that the Norwegian-born Icelander Erik the Red was exiled from Iceland for manslaughter. Along with his extended family and his thralls, he set out in ships to explore icy land known to lie to the northwest. After finding a habitable area and settling there, he named it Grœnland (translated as "Greenland"), supposedly in the hope that the pleasant name would attract settlers.[11][12][13]

The arctic is melting they say and Florida and NY should be underwater by now..... Kinda like putting an ice cube in a glass of water and measuring the high of the water after the ice cube has melted. WIll it be higher?????

The loss of sea ice indicates the rise in temperature but this melting is not the source of the sea level rise. The sea level has risen from ice that has melted on the land but most of the rise is due to thermal expansion of the oceans as they warm.

This is a ridiculous assertion. The real money grubbing is with those who have long made fortunes from the fossil fuel industry. They don't want their free ride compromised.

If you are wrong the planet is screwed. All the scientific evidence says you are wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom