Use a query to find specific data in a table to produce a report (1 Viewer)

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:13
Good Evening All,

I have a table that is linked into access 2003. This table is updated by personnel in another location and I have to run a weekly report on engines that are below a certain performance level.
The column heading is MGT Margin and I have to list all of the engines that are below 20 degrees.
Can I run a query that looks at this table and produces a report of all the engines that are below 20 degrees?
I currently have to cut and paste each engine from the updated spread sheet every week onto a separate spread sheet and import that into access. If a query can be used to do what I am after I can use similar principles in other reports I have to run.

Thanks in advance.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:13
Your description is unclear -- to me anyway.
You have Excel(spreadsheet) and Access.

I have a table that is linked into access 2003
??

What does your data base consist of?

Local database in Acc2003, with linked tables??

If you can link to the latest data, you should be able to run a report. However, you seem to have a mixture of Access and Excel; more than 1 user; and more than 1 location.

We need to know more of what you have to provide a more focused response.

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Good Evening Jdraw,
Yes, I have a Local Access 2003 Database that is linked to excel spread sheets that are updated by users from numerous locations.
I have to compile weekly reports from the data complied in those linked tables. One of those reports is a Status report of all engines under 20 Degrees. Can I use a query to search the linked table to only draw out the engines under 20 Degrees?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:13
You could certainly try/test it.

Since you are only reading the data, a select query should be ok.
Code:
Select fields FROM TheProperTable
WHERE EnginePerformance < 20

You'll have to use the proper field and table name, but that's the gist of the query.

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks jdraw, I will try that out. If I have no luck I will post some screen shots of what I have and what I hope to achieve.

Cheers

awade

Registered User.
Local time
Just wondering where I put the code? Will it be under the MGT WC Margin Column in the query? Please see attached screen shot.

Attachments

• Query Screenshot.zip
    126.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom