Use ACCESS to insert in MS Sql 2005 (1 Viewer)

mitmit

Local time
Today, 10:34
hi

is it possible to use access 2003 as a graficinterface to update MS sql 2005.
Is it access project we should create?

I have read somewhere that it has a limit with 10 000 posts.

We want to use it for 20 users because we want to have the possibility to change layout and so on.

Thanks for all help!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
You can certainly use Access as a front end to SQL Server. If by project you mean ADP, I wouldn't bother; an MDB will work fine. What do you think is limited? I have applications with the Access/SQL Server configuration with well over a million records.

mitmit

Local time
Hi

This spring i tryed to make an accessprojekt. The problem that i had was that when started the application it did only show 10 000 records. I had over 15 000.

Then i read somewhere that projects only could have 10 000 records. Dont now where. But i have to try again then.

cchaalan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:34
sql

Hi,
I just created an access table & linked it to the sql tables. But I am now attmpting to created a datasheet form that pulls data from the linked table & adds/updates records but it's not working. I am unable to modify linked table data or insert new records. Do you know what maybe the problem? Please let me know.
Thanks
cchaalan

mitmit

Local time
You can certainly use Access as a front end to SQL Server. If by project you mean ADP, I wouldn't bother; an MDB will work fine. What do you think is limited? I have applications with the Access/SQL Server configuration with well over a million records.

Sounds great. Dont now why i only gott 10 000 post of my database.
As i understand i have to use Access 2007 as accessprojectdatabase to access a MSsql Server 2005. It not enough with Access 2003 if i understand some homepages i have read.

Another question not related to this. I read on a page that in Access it only possible to have 32,768 objects. But what is an object? Is it a macro,tables,forms and so on or is it even a single post in a table?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Access 2007 is not required. I have Access 2000 MDB's working with both SQL Server 2000 and 2005. I can't imagine that there would be any difficulty with Access 2003. Do you have a link to this info?

The 32,768 object limit refers to forms, reports, etc, not data.

tehNellie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:34
This spring i tryed to make an accessprojekt. The problem that i had was that when started the application it did only show 10 000 records. I had over 15 000.

By default Access projects will only display the first 10,000 records in a linked table/query result, if you go to tools, Advanced you can set "default max records" to 0 which will display all records. You can also use the controls at the bottom to give you all records or the next 10,000 results. If you're working with very large datasets you might not want all hundredbillion records dumped to screen.

Last edited:

mitmit

Local time
Thanks

Thanks

I found where i could change that. Im far on the development.
But i have a question, if i would like to only have 10 000 objects showing but the one i dont want cant come up. Should i then write a question that asks for the post and then show it in the form

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom