User Interface for Custom Properties (1 Viewer)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 04:07
The pop up form in the first example will give you the most flexibility. I played with the accurate positioning example by isladogs, but you end up with a lot of limitations. The only other option instead of the popup would be to do this like a split form. So the record you want to edit can be in the footer or header of a continuous sobform. You can then just do what I was doing on the same subform where you have the attributes. But personally think the pop-up would be a better UI.

Fran Lombard

Registered User.
Local time
I played with the accurate positioning example by isladogs, but you end up with a lot of limitations.

But personally think the pop-up would be a better UI.

@MajP Thanks again fir for investing your time helping me out. I haven't had a chance to look at isladogs example, but based on your observations, I'll put that one on the back burner.

By the way, do you have an example of the textbox overlay technique when the combo box is bound to an Id field but you wish to display the text from another field.

The example you gave me works great when the display text and the bound column are the same, but for my applications i'm almost always displaying a "code" column with descriptive text but want to store the Id value as a foriegn key.

MajP

Local time
You can use a dlookup (see form1), or simply include the source table of the display into the query (form2).

Attachments

• CascadeContinuous.zip
    81.9 KB · Views: 159

MajP

Local time
FYI. This can also be done in code, but I find this technique can flicker or blank out due to mouse scrolling and other user inputs. I have stopped using that technique because it can be problematic. It does works well datasheet view and not so well in continuous form view.
See thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom