User level security help (1 Viewer)

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:20
Ok so the database I have created is setup with UAC, I actually set that all up quite awhile ago. My contract with this company is coming to an end in the next few days so I've been trying to make sure everyone is setup, knows what their doing and has everything they will need. Here is where we have a problem, my boss shreded the UAC wizard report I gave him, even though I put it in a nice folder and envelope and told him he needed it :eek:. Stupid me didn't save a copy :mad:. Is there anyway to recover this? Or should I just supply them with a copy of the workgroup file on a disk? Will that be sufficient?

Joe8915

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:20
Maybe Iam off, but can't you print the permissions and the groups

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 04:20
Maybe Iam off, but can't you print the permissions and the groups

The report is more than that. It gives you the information you would need to completely recreate the MDW file if you needed to.

So the key here now is - do not ever lose that file and hope it never corrupts.

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:20
The report is more than that. It gives you the information you would need to completely recreate the MDW file if you needed to.

Exactly, I actually don't think that the people the database is designed for are computer literate enough to be able to recreate it :eek:

So the key here now is - do not ever lose that file and hope it never corrupts.

Well IT here backs up the network drive every night, and if I recall correctly they keep backups for up to 3 or so weeks, so they should be able to roll back should anything happen. I guess I can also burn a disk with a current copy on it, sure they will lose any added users but its not that difficult to recreate the account.

EDIT: I just found a .snp file that I think might be the report, now I just need to find a way to open it, I don't think I have install permissions on my computer :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom