User's Form or Login???? (1 Viewer)

N

noideas

hey,
can ne1 tell me how to create a User Login form in Access??? i want disply this form 1st, when i open the bd???? i am very new to Access. :)

IanWright

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
I don't suggest this for a professional database as I don't think its the proper way to do it but I suggest this. Create your table containing:

Username
Password
Status (if different users have different access)

Then create a form (you can use the wizard for this) and make it lookup the password, for the username that is typed in, I'm fairly sure you can select that in the wizard too. Set the password box to hidden (visible = false) and also lock it so you can't edit it etc, draw another data entry box for the user to type their password into. Then you need an If statement to see if the password entered into the new box = the password in the old hidden box. If so then load a new form (create a button to open new form, and take the code out of it if you don't know how to do it yourself), and if the passwords don't match, obviously you don't log them in, maybe display an error message.

To get the form to load straight away goto Tools/Startup, in the top right box select the name of the form (say loginpage) that you want to load. Now that'll load up every time you start up the database.

N

noideas

Logon Form!!!!!!!!

i worked very hard to do a "Logon Form". but i couldnt do that, the thruth is i am not an IT student so i dont have no ideas abt stuffs like "CODE"

here i have attached a sample of my work.

can any one do this?????

thanks

Attachments

• Original.zip
    113.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 05:55
I tend to have a UserName table and when people login, the first thing that happens is that their network name is checked against the UserName table, if its not there they get logged out.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom