Using a button and combo boxes to filter to specific records for editing (1 Viewer)

Bean Machine

Local time
Today, 14:46
Hi All! I am currently working on a database that houses requisition and inventory data. I want the user to be able to fill in any number of combo boxes with information and click a button to filter to whatever was typed in one or all of the combo boxes. The purpose of this is to be able to efficiently edit old data or locate old data on the form as there are upwards of thousands of entries in the table it is based upon. Any help would be greatly appreciated! See attached image for example of what I want.

Attachments

• Filter Example.png
    Filter Example.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 210

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:46
Perhaps you could use a parameterized query that references the combo boxes on your form.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:46
you will need to Concatenate all the "filters" into a string and use the string as filter of your form.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:46
Adding to what Bob has suggested, give this link a read.

Also, if you look at the Similar Threads at the bottom of this window you will see where this has been asked and answered before. Good luck and if you get stuck, come back here with what you have tried and we will get you pointed in the right direction...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom