Using DMin in Query to create a record set (1 Viewer)

Danick

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
Trying to create a recordset via a query where all records shown with the lowest item number record. I've tried this, but it's not working.

Code:
DMin("ItemNo","Findings",[Findings].[ItemNo])

So for example, I have this in the table

1696362202468.png

Any ideas how to fix it?

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 03:40
First, your DMIN is only part of the code, I'd really need to know the entire code to really help you. With that said, your DMin is essentially constant--it is set to find the lowest ItemNo in your table. Not the lowest ItemNo among a subset of records, but the lowest ItemNo in the entire table. So, its going to find 01 and only bring back those with ItemNo=01. You need to fix your Dmin so that it takes into account the subset of records it should be operating on--not the entire table.

Again though, I don't know if Dmin is the correct way to achieve this. I think a correlated subquery might be more efficient.

Danick

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:40
First, your DMIN is only part of the code, I'd really need to know the entire code to really help you. With that said, your DMin is essentially constant--it is set to find the lowest ItemNo in your table. Not the lowest ItemNo among a subset of records, but the lowest ItemNo in the entire table. So, its going to find 01 and only bring back those with ItemNo=01. You need to fix your Dmin so that it takes into account the subset of records it should be operating on--not the entire table.

Again though, I don't know if Dmin is the correct way to achieve this. I think a correlated subquery might be more efficient.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I managed to get this to work using a correlated subquery as explained here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom