Using either or in calculated fields...Please!!! (1 Viewer)

pcdummy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:30
I have a dilemma that i need some help with...

I have a field called [Total].. i then need to calculate a discount from the field [Total] to come up with [NetTotal].... easy enough.. however; I need to be able to choose from EITHER a Variable (Input by user) percentage discount say(25%) or a flatt discount amount say ($100.00) how can i design my form to accept either the percentage discount or the flat fee discount,, but not both and then update my [NetTotal] field... Thanks in advance...

Sincerely,
jeff

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:30
I think an imeadiate If will do the trick for you. It works this way If Something is True Do Something If not Do Something else. The syntax looks like this:

IIf([RateTime]="ST","Time","Time 1/2")

So if RateTime = ST Time will be returned if not Time 1/2 will be returned. In your case you need to check to see if the manual or automatic entry is true so you could do it like this:

IIF([EntryType]="Automatic", [Total]*.25, [ManualRate])

If your EntryType is Automatic this will give you the Total *.25. If not you will get what ever the manual rate is.

Hopefuly this makes sense. I sometimes make my explanations a lot more complicated then they need to be. Post back if you have more questions.

[This message has been edited by Talismanic (edited 08-06-2001).]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom