Solved Very weird behavior- Error '3709': The search key not found in any record (1 Viewer)

MelanieAnn

Local time
Today, 11:22
I've just had this problem. I could not access my form at all. Even trying to delete the form and then import the form from a good backup did not resolve the issue. Neither did creating a new access db and importing all objects. The affected form and it's subforms failed to import. In the end I located the "corruption" to a memo box, "notes" on the subform of the form. I deleted the memo field from the table. This solved the problem. Insanely this is the second time I faced the same corruption while building the db. Both of them occurred after I used the wizard to create either a search combo box or one of the other choices which resulted in an embedded macro...but on another form. Coincidence? I don't know, but I'm now removing all embedded macros. This was definately a table level problem.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:22
The issue was corruption. The fact that deleting & replacing the form didn't help was because the corruption was in the memo field of the table
20 years ago this was a regular occurrence with memo (long text) fields. These days, less so

Whether or not embedded macros were partly the cause I couldn't say. I never use them as I do everything using event procedures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom