very weird problem :( (1 Viewer)

ray147

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:36
i have a form which had VBA code attached to it...i encountered one error while running it (was trying to open a recordset without assigning the connection name)...as soon as i went back to design view and click the 'code' button to access the code, the design view refreshes twice but the VBA code never comes up...also, when i try to run the form, nothing works , it's like no code is attached to it...what has happenned???!!

i tried closing the terminal and logging back in...tried compact & repair...but did not manage to get the code back...

any feedback is more than appreciated guys coz i really can't figure this one out..

thanks

steevie_t

Registered User.
Local time
I think you will have to go back to a backup from before when it happened.

If you hadn't done a compact and repair then you might have been able to import the form into a new database. Sometimes the Import utility manages to retrieve extra bits of a corrupted database.

I've had access doing funnies like that before, but since I started using Visual Source Safe all I need do is ditch the current working copy and get a clean, fresh, bug free copy from VSS.

ray147

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks...

I tried importing but still no luck...
I had a previous backup, but still lost abt an hour of work but anyway..
put it down to experience...
i will have a look regarding the VSS issue you mentioned..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom