Viewing subforms withour scrollbars and record selectors (1 Viewer)

majoral

Local time
Today, 15:33
Hi

I'm trying to develop a form in my database which uses a number of subforms to display data from a number of different queries. Is there a way to remove everything (e.g. the scroll bars, record selectors and column headings) and just show the raw data? Basically I am trying to get what's shown in the first image below to looks like the second image (which is from a report using subreports)

thanks

1661167272697.png

1661167324457.png

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
The short answer is yes, design the sub-form as a proper form, and turn off the record selectors, navigation buttons, scroll bars etc.
You don't have to use datasheet view in a subform.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:33
bring your form in desgin view and click on the
subform where you want to remove the record selector/scrollbar.
and on its property:
form_design.png

majoral

Local time
thanks both - really useful info and i will check this out :)

anski

Registered User.
Local time
Hi. Were you able to find a solution to this? I am also finding a way for the vertical scroll bar of a subform not to appear. Setting Scroll Bars to Neither using the property sheet of the subform did not work.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
suggest use a listbox instead of a subform

arnelgp

Local time
you can try using DLookup() for the ControlSource of the textbox:

for "Major Application" line, on the first textbox:

=DLookup("CounfOfDTyp", Qry - Major Dev Stats Summary")

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
the field types in the subform are textboxes
so change to a list box, put the recordsource to your subform as the rowsource of the listbox and set the listbox one row high

Edit: that would leave a dividing line between columns which I guess you don't want, so go with the original suggestion of a continuous subform rather than a datasheet, or use two listboxes rather than 1 or use dlookup as suggested by Arnel

Last edited:

anski

Registered User.
Local time
so change to a list box, put the recordsource to your subform as the rowsource of the listbox and set the listbox one row high

Edit: that would leave a dividing line between columns which I guess you don't want, so go with the original suggestion of a continuous subform rather than a datasheet, or use two listboxes rather than 1 or use dlookup as suggested by Arnel
for clarification, if in my original form i have 5 text boxes, instead of using text boxes, i should use list boxes (5 list boxes)? am i understanding you correctly?

anski

Registered User.
Local time
thanks for the suggestions. i figured out a solution to the vertical scroll bar issue by trial and error - adjusting the height of the subform and the detail section of the main form. (played around with different heights until i finally got what i wanted.)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
for clarification, if in my original form i have 5 text boxes, instead of using text boxes, i should use list boxes (5 list boxes)? am i understanding you correctly?
that is what I meant - but you have two columns so I thought you had 10 text boxes, (5 rows of 2) and that would not hide the vertical bar between them

arnelgp

Local time
is this what you have in mind.

Attachments

• sample.accdb
    540 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom