Visualize SQL Query Result (1 Viewer)

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 15:04
ddl? like Create table, Alter Column, etc.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:04
DML = Data Manipulation Language - these are the queries you use every day to manipulate data
DDL = Data Definition Language - these are the queries you would use to create/delete/or change tables. They are not normally used in applications because you would not normally be creating or modifying tables on the fly.
DSL? There is a third SQL language and it manipulates security objects.

Two cases I use DDL in applications which have SQL Server BE's:
1. If you use views that don't have indexes, when you link them initially Access asks you to define the unique index. The problem is that when you relink the tables or swap a BE from test to prod, you loose the index and the view is no longer updateable. The easy solution is to run a DDL query to add a pseudo index to the View. This query when run from Access does not alter the BE database. It just creates a pseudo index so Access knows what the unique index should be.
ALTER TABLE dbo_LU_TRM_RSN_IBC126_VW ADD CONSTRAINT NaturalKey UNIQUE(PCR_CD_NO);
2. If you use pass through queries, you need to refresh their connection strings when you swap BE's. I use DDL for that also.

Any DAO command you can write and run with VBA ca be coded as a DDL query and run that way.

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:04
@KitaYama
In my Query Multi Viewer form, action queries are not automatically run. For example
1660688853204.png

Users have the option to click a button to execute the query. If this is done, the table affected will then be displayed

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 16:04
@KitaYama
In my Query Multi Viewer form, action queries are not automatically run. For example
View attachment 102580

Users have the option to click a button to execute the query. If this is done, the table affected will then be displayed
@isladogs yes, I had guessed so seeing your screen capture on #7 post.
But since it's not available to public yet, I was trying to change arnelgp's version according to my needs.

We're looking forward for the day yours is finished.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:04
@arnelgp
Considering that I give away a huge amount of code and example apps for free both here and on my website, your comments are as usual inaccurate and unjustified.

Yet again, you just cannot resist making snarky comments about other developers
As other members & myself have said repeatedly your attitude just reflects badly on you

As you have nothing constructive to say, please say nothing

@KitaYama
I haven't yet decided how to distribute this app when it is finished - probably as an add-in so it can be used with multiple applications
I will make sure a copy is available for your use

KitaYama

Local time
Today, 16:04
@isladogs
Million thanks. I appreciate your efforts for making newbies lives better and easier.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:04
@arnelgp Fair warning - STOP being snarky. You have no reason to attack @isladogs I'm pretty sure you get paid for the work you do so attacking another member for not giving his work away is beneath you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom