Voter Verifed Elections (1 Viewer)

mpfoster

Local time
Today, 05:19
HI,

I am new to Access, but have casually worked with dBase II. You guessed it, I'm not 47, I'm 74. I am a Certified Public Accountant for around 45 years, and have all my life tackled the tough jobs. I created Voter Verified Elections, and forced the IRS to give me a IRC section 501(c)(3) classification.

It has two goals that meet the scientific and educational requirements of the code.
First, it is scientific, because it's purpose is to create a ballot that allows the voter to vote, and then when the election is over to go into the official election database, and find their vote so that they can certify that the election is correct in conformity with Article II, Section 1, paragraph 3 of the U.S. Constitution.
Second, it meets the educational requirements of the code by giving the voter both sides of the argument on issues, and lists the positions on the issues taken by the current candidates.

I joined because, I know I'm going to need a lot of help. My idea is simple. I create a database for the voter system, and carry each small (precinct) election over to a spreadsheet so that the voters can find their vote, compare it to an accepted printout, and verify it. That is done by giving a random vote number assigned to each voter that is not made public, and can be used by the voter to verify their vote.

I'm starting form square 1 on moving the mountain. I have the done it before.

Thanks!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 10:19
Welcome to AWF.
Hopefully we can help you reach the summit of the mountain.

Not sure why you need to use Excel but no doubt that will become clear as you proceed.

mpfoster

Local time
Today, 05:19
I did the first independent audit of elections in the history of the State of Michigan. It may be the first in the country. It was the 2008 General Election, and I did FOIA requests to around 20 precincts, and photographed all of the ballots in each precinct. When totaling the ballots I used a spreadsheet, and put a 1 into each column which represented a candidate on the ballot. Then I totaled them. I thought that would be easy enough for a voter to find their row, and have it brought right up to the top so they could see the "1" was in the column of the candidate they voted for.
I am open to suggestions. A friend says that you should just bring the vote up and let them see it to verify it, but there is too much risk of corruption doing that. I want people to know what they think counts, and somebody is working to make that happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom