Voting is pointless (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:44
@Jon I'm 55 years old and I've never voted. Because I think both sides are the same. Either side wins the result is the same. No politician worries about people.
But in the history of voting in Japan, we had 20 instances that one vote changed the result.
I did a translation on that page and from what I see, most cases are where less than about 10K people were voting. Most seemed to be in the hundreds. Please note that I was talking about a national election with a minimum of 100K votes, not a city election that is given in this example. And that brings me to my next point.

People say to me, "If everybody thought like you, then nobody would vote." My response is always, that if nobody voted then I would vote because it then has more weight!

So, if there are only 20 examples in the history of Japan, all with small numbers, none of which are for the national election, this proves my point.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:44
Yes, California were I live has 55 up for grabs.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I vote however I am aware that you are being sold ideas (no matter who you vote for) and irrespective of the background of the individual it is likely they will have to skewe reality and what they can deliver in order to get in.

I see it in myself sometimes when I am selling something at the very least I will always drop the bad points... Its actually expected of me at work..

When I am buying I start from the bad points and work forward...

When someone is selling something you can't trust them doesn't matter if its the pope , your wife, your daughter or yourself. So you really need to check all the things that are important to you independently. Its why I often prefer foreign media - usually they don't have the same level of skin in the game which immediately makes them more rational but then again you can never tell.

So I try to excercise caution in my business affairs
But not be blind to virtue..

There are people out there who strive for high ideals and sometimes they are politicians

Whats better though?

A politician doing the right thing for the wrong reasons or
A politician who is morally great but doing it all wrong.

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Light wave, love the reference to Desiderata.

Col

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Of course if no one voted, I am not sure what would happen.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@kevlray If no one voted, then I would vote.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:44
A politician who is morally great

I thought I saw an official notice from Journal of American Anthropology that this species has been declared officially extinct as none have been seen in the wild for years.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I thought I saw an official notice from Journal of American Anthropology that this species has been declared officially extinct as none have been seen in the wild for years.
Apparently you have not been to Florida during spring break :p

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:44
If it is anything like the really bad teen movie Spring Break (1983) then perhaps I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom