want to come to an online user group meeting? (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 01:45
that was such a fun meeting! Thanks, @isladogs - fantastic presentation. It was wonderful to see you in the middle of your night, @Uncle Gizmo. I'm doing this video next and will post a link when the recording is ready.

@Isaac I'll do the Tuesday video next but probably can't get to it for a week or 2.

Thanks for doing so many things that help others. Much appreciated.
@isladogs I'll have to watch the video to see your prez - thx!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:45
When was this picture taken?

Ah! Now I understand!

Had me scratching my head, looking at the angle of the sun, wondering if it was a type of plant that blooms on the 2nd full moon of the year!

Anyone else worked out the nature of the question?

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:45
thanks, @Isaac :)

@Uncle Gizmo, I thought it was going to be a rhetorical question as I didn't realize anyone would actually LOOK at the filename! I have code that renames all my photos with the date and time they were taken. You have to run it before editing, of course, so it gets the correct date/time.:

http://msaccessgurus.com/VBA/Code/File_LoopRenameDate.htm

As you saw, tools to tell you the photo date, and much more, were demonstrated.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
-- EDIT original post -- change to a future meeting in Dec 2021. Links to recordings of previous meetings will be posted when they're available.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Super fun meeting and great sharing of knowledge! The video from 2 Sept is posted here:

Get Extended File Properties from Windows with free Access tools -Crystal Long, Colin Riddington
youtube.com/watch?v=fwQnhKWo1Ks

if you have a lot of pictures, you'll really like the Easter Egg ;)

Colin, @isladogs , did a wonderful analysis of what file types have what properties.

It was interesting to see the different approach to document the same information. Both tools to get extended properties are free.

Wayne Phillips’ Extended File Properties tool - File Property Explorer from EverythingAccess.com
everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Accessing-detailed-file-information-provided-by-the-Operating-System

Colin Riddington's Extended File Properties tool - from Mendip Data Systems
http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/extended-file-properties

They work a little differently and both are amazing!

isladogs

CID VIP
Local time
Today, 09:45
Hi Crystal
Thanks for all your hard work both presenting & getting the video ready for publication.
I enjoyed participating in the session despite the late hour (3 AM in the UK).

Also, just a blatant plug for my own separate video on my Extended File Properties app which is also available online

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom