want to come to an online user group meeting? (2 Viewers)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:49
When was this picture taken?

Ah! Now I understand!

Had me scratching my head, looking at the angle of the sun, wondering if it was a type of plant that blooms on the 2nd full moon of the year!

Anyone else worked out the nature of the question?

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:49
thanks, @Isaac :)

@Uncle Gizmo, I thought it was going to be a rhetorical question as I didn't realize anyone would actually LOOK at the filename! I have code that renames all my photos with the date and time they were taken. You have to run it before editing, of course, so it gets the correct date/time.:

http://msaccessgurus.com/VBA/Code/File_LoopRenameDate.htm

As you saw, tools to tell you the photo date, and much more, were demonstrated.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
-- EDIT original post -- change to a future meeting in Dec 2021. Links to recordings of previous meetings will be posted when they're available.

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
Super fun meeting and great sharing of knowledge! The video from 2 Sept is posted here:

Get Extended File Properties from Windows with free Access tools -Crystal Long, Colin Riddington
youtube.com/watch?v=fwQnhKWo1Ks

if you have a lot of pictures, you'll really like the Easter Egg ;)

Colin, @isladogs , did a wonderful analysis of what file types have what properties.

It was interesting to see the different approach to document the same information. Both tools to get extended properties are free.

Wayne Phillips’ Extended File Properties tool - File Property Explorer from EverythingAccess.com
everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Accessing-detailed-file-information-provided-by-the-Operating-System

Colin Riddington's Extended File Properties tool - from Mendip Data Systems
http://www.mendipdatasystems.co.uk/extended-file-properties

They work a little differently and both are amazing!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Crystal
Thanks for all your hard work both presenting & getting the video ready for publication.
I enjoyed participating in the session despite the late hour (3 AM in the UK).

Also, just a blatant plug for my own separate video on my Extended File Properties app which is also available online

Last edited:

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
here is the video from Colin and my presentation on extended file properties:

AP: Get Extended File Properties from Windows with free Access tools -Crystal (styrive4peace), Colin Riddington (siladogs) (58:15)

this was an evening meeting for Access Pacific ... so the middle of the night for @isladogs and @Uncle Gizmo , who also propped his eyelids open to come!

Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
@isladogs (Colin) presentation is TODAY! details in first post. Hope YOU can make it!
WHAT????? Its TODAY? That's only 4 hours away! I'd better start planning it now :D ...
Only joking!

Thanks for posting a reminder Crystal. I do hope some of you can make it (see post #1)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 12:49
That was interesting. I would like to know more about the Native Code methods that Wayne Phillips uses. I think he uses this in his code protector application but I am simply guessing.

It was hilarious watching everyone outside the US try to stay awake...

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
hi John @NauticalGent

who wouldn't?? According to Peter Cole, he does say how he does it on one of his pages

> "try to stay awake."

they did well! Thanks, Tony and especially good thing Colin did since he was presenting! Great job too! @Uncle Gizmo @isladogs

strive4peace

AWF VIP
Local time
here is Colin's @isladogs September 2021 presentation, which is excellent

Automatic Form Resizing in Access, by Colin Riddington (isladogs) (1:02:10)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Many thanks for posting the link Crystal. Its certainly getting lots of views - currently 450 in just 5 days!

For anyone interested in Automatic Form Resizing (AFR), I've done further development work on this topic since I gave this presentation at the end of Sept. New features include:
  • use of AFR with Access navigation forms
  • just today I finally managed to get both AFR and zoom to work with datasheet forms
Both of these will be included when I do another presentation on AFR to the UK Access User Group seminar provisionally scheduled for early Jan as either a live or online event. It was due to take place yesterday (4 Nov) but unfortunately had to be cancelled for COVID-related reasons.

UPDATE:
If anyone would like a copy of the latest version (3.4) of the AFR example app, please click ShowMore in the description below the video to find download links for each of these items. If you find the video useful, It would be great if you could 'like' the video and a comment as feedback. Many thanks

In another shameless bit of promotion, I'm also running a session on Controlling the Application Interface to the Eastern Time Access User Group organised by Dale Fye. The session will be on Fri 17 Dec from 09:00-10:00 US Eastern Time (ET) which is 14:00-15:00 GMT.

I hope some of you can make one or both of those sessions

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom