Web Browser Control (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 17:51
Is it possible to overlay control buttons on a web image using the web browser control in Access?

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:51
Did you try it and it doesn't do what you want, hence you're asking? If not, then give it a shot.
If so, then I think it is not possible to see both unless you disable or hide the browser control.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 16:51
Alternately, you might be able to make a tiny form with only the control desired, and load it on top of the webbrowser's host form and use its .Move method to play with the location on-screen.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. You used the term "image." If that's so, then why a web browser control? Why not an image control? Just curious...

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
I noticed this is an offshoot from your other post and had the same question as DBG.
What kind of controls / actions are you speaking of?

Local time
Yes tried it with the web browser control and I can't get it to work. It will work over a static image but would like it over a web page.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yes tried it with the web browser control and I can't get it to work. It will work over a static image but would like it over a web page.
Could you explain in a little more detail what it is your doing.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Is it a page you wrote or a random page on the net?

There is a double click event available on a WB control.

whats the form supposed to do?

Local time
I have no control over the web page but it will stay the same for a very long time.

The double click is a start but would only work for the page as a whole...

What I would like is to do is put command buttons over a web browser in access. The webpage would be full of equipment and after clicking one of many images would open another form to a specific record. I was just wondering if that would be possible to overlay controls over a web image.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I have no control over the web page but it will stay the same for a very long time.

The double click is a start but would only work for the page as a whole...

What I would like is to do is put command buttons over a web browser in access. The webpage would be full of equipment and after clicking one of many images would open another form to a specific record. I was just wondering if that would be possible to overlay controls over a web image.
Hi. Sadly, I don't have time to try it out myself, but I was thinking maybe you can overlay another control over the web browser control and simply set its background to transparent? Are you saying nothing (no other control) can go on top of a web browser control by design? I was thinking maybe you can use a subform placed on top of it (if that's possible - again, I can't test the idea right now). Hope that helps...

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
My guess is that you can use the mouse down event since this gives you an X and Y. Since this would change then you could save a set of values in a table and grid out the image. Then if they clicked in a certain area you can look up in the table what to do.

Code:
Private Sub WebBrowser0_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

End Sub

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
A wb control has no background property? I agree with mousedown event but it sounds like your/the web page ought to be handling this.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
A wb control has no background property? I agree with mousedown event but it sounds like your/the web page ought to be handling this.
@Micron Was that directed at me? If so, I was saying/thinking overlay, say, a subform on top of a web control and set the subform's background to Transparent (if possible). If not a subform, then maybe some other control. Still, just thinking out loud... Cheers!

Local time
The mouse down event sounds great but how hard would it be to put it all together? It sounds great but over my head here.

I agree with mousedown event but it sounds like your/the web page ought to be handling this.
This should be done by the administrator of the web page but will not happen in foreseeable future.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:51
A web browser control is a single control. It cannot be split down into its component text & image parts.
So you either need to use a web browser event code such as On Enter OR place a button just next to the web browser control to do what you want.
The latter approach is used in this application help system designed to emulate Windows help

The GoTo button above the top right of the web browser window takes the user direct to the selected item

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Local time
Yeah on the edges outside the web browser control is not what I'm looking for but thanks for sharing.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 23:51
Then I'll repeat my earlier comment - AFAIK it can't be done using Access code as you cannot split the component parts contained in the web browser control

Local time
Web Browser Control......It cannot be split down into its component text & image parts.
Yes I understand this but looking for other possible solutions to the problem.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yes I understand this but looking for other possible solutions to the problem.
Check out posts 3, 11 and 12. MajP's idea seems pretty interesting. You might just need to experiment with the grid you want to get the numbers right.
Although I don't really understand, IF as you say this webpage will virtually never change, then why display it as a webpage in the first place? Why not just use image controls and their click events. Usually a webpage is used for non-static information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom