Website Update info & new You Tube channel (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:15
I hope posting this doesn't flout any forum rules...

Due to issues beyond my control, my current website will stop functioning on 8 Dec and it is therefore a convenient time for me to review how my work is made available online.

As a result, much of my time over the next month will be taken up in creating not one but two replacement websites:
  1. The replacement site for Mendip Data Systems will be restricted to my commercial applications only. It will be a secure https site but otherwise will have the same address as now. The new address is: https://mendipdatasystems.co.uk
  2. All my free example databases, code samples, Access articles and security challenges will be transferred to a new Isladogs on Access wesite. The URL is https://isladogs.co.uk
Where appropriate I will provide links from one site to the other
It is possible that some existing content may become unavailable temporarily as the new sites are created.
If you cannot access any items, please send me a PM or email.

I have also resurrected my long dormant YouTube video site and have split that into 2 channels as well:
  1. My existing Mendip Data Systems - YouTube channel will also be revamped and restricted to videos explaining features of my commercial apps. Some old videos will be re-recorded and new videos are planned
  2. I have just created a new Isladogs on Access - YouTube channel for content related to item 2 above. It is very much work in progress with only 8 videos so far but more will be added in the coming weeks/months.
It would be much appreciated if you would make time to visit one or both channels, view anything of interest and, hopefully, subscribe. If you subscribe to either site, you will automatically been informed of any new content added to that site in the future.
I would also appreciate any suggestions for new videos on the Isladogs channel

Many thanks

UPDATE: 7 Jan 2022.
Both websites are now active though each is currently in the process of being revamped. All comments welcome
Once that process is completed, the content will be separated as described above
In the meantime, if you find any broken links, please let me know by sending me a PM or emailing me using the link in my signature line.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:15
Hi @isladogs. Congrats and good luck! I'll be sure to check them out once they are ready. Cheers!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Thanks Leo

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 09:15
Desperate of becoming mv.?
Or simply no day job.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I've just updated post #1 with the new website URLs.
Both sites are fully functional but I'm currently in the process of updating layout/ page content & shortening URLs.
That could cause certain links to fail.
If anyone finds a broken link, please let me know by PM or email

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom