Weird WebControl Behavior (1 Viewer)

CedarTree

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:51
I mean I could... seems like there's still some core issue here since I can in fact edit the other fields. I'm thinking to try to change the field to a non-combo box and see what happens.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:51
I mean I could... seems like there's still some core issue here since I can in fact edit the other fields. I'm thinking to try to change the field to a non-combo box and see what happens.
Hi. All we can do is recommend anything we could think of that might be able to help or maybe related to the issue you're describing since we cannot see or try out your database, and we have no idea how it is constructed or its functions. I say keep trying out things and let us know how it goes. We can then jump in at some point if anything appears obvious or suspicious. Otherwise, it would really be easier to pinpoint the potential source of the problem if it's possible to see the db in action. Cheers!

CedarTree

Registered User.
Local time
Oh, completely understood. I wasn't trying to be annoying. Just thinking through what may be "more likely". Have you seen where a local Linked table times out?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Oh, completely understood. I wasn't trying to be annoying. Just thinking through what may be "more likely". Have you seen where a local Linked table times out?
Yes, I have, especially when linked to SharePoint.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
By the way, we are fine (I know I am) to be a sounding board. Sometimes, just saying out loud what you're thinking makes other ideas come to your mind. We can also feed off from your ideas and offer other ideas. So, feel free to keep trying out things and letting us know what happened. It will also help us help you if you told us everything you're trying to fix the problem - even if it wasn't something we asked you to do. Cheers!

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 14:51
The code you posted in #12 shows that you changed the .ControlSource to start with an equals sign. That kills all editing in the control until you make the source either bound or TOTALLY unbound. A computed source cannot be edited.

CedarTree

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks everyone. UPDATE. I was able to work around this by opening the WebControl in its own pop-up form. Not ideal but it works. I think it is a WebControl bug (as far as I'm willing to invest in debugging it at least). The same coding in #12 is what I'm using and it works.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks everyone. UPDATE. I was able to work around this by opening the WebControl in its own pop-up form. Not ideal but it works. I think it is a WebControl bug (as far as I'm willing to invest in debugging it at least). The same coding in #12 is what I'm using and it works.
Hi. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom