What is the Report Page Footer supposed to do (1 Viewer)

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
I am reviewing VERY OLD Access 2003 reports and would like to know what

=[currentdb].[Properties]("AppTitle")

is supposed to do and why it does not work?
===
The full Page Footer is
=Format(Date(),"Long Date") // =Format(Time(),"Medium Time") // =fnDbName()
="Page " & [Page] & " of " & [Pages] // =[Name]

Thank you
Nicole

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:35

That probably SHOULD be =currentdb.Properties("AppTitle") because there are no spaces anywhere so the square brackets can be dropped. IF there is a property called AppTitle defined for your database (as selected by currentdb) then this would be the value of that named property. It is possible to define an arbitrarily named property for a database.

I.e. if someone created "AppTitle" as a manually-named database property that has a value, this would allow them to recover what was defined as the value for that property.

FURTHER explanation: That syntax selects a property called AppTitle from the collection of named properties for the project. Access uses that syntax any time you have a collection where the members of that collection have distinct names.

access2010

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:35
Thank you Doc_Man for your reply.
I/we are going through our databases that we have been using since about 1990 and removing items that are no longer needed.

I will remove this code and replace it with the code for Data Base Name and Form Name.

It is interesting what I have found in our databases that are over 36 years old, and they mostly STILL WORK.

I do appreciate your reply.
Nicole

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:35
No problem, Nicole. Happy to help.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 09:35
If you fill this in it will work.

Title.jpg

Access has many object that have properties that do not exist until you add a value. So if nothing is typed in the Application Title the property is not empty, the property does not exist. When you type in a value it adds the property and its value to the Application properties collection. When you delete the value it removes the property and the property's values.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 21:35
i made a function in your db, fnDbName().
you can use it, on the Controlsource of the textbox:

=fnDbName()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom