What is this GUI Control? (1 Viewer)

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:52
I'm looking over an access form, and I'm trying to work out what this GUI control is (see attached screenshot crop of control from form).

The form is locked so I can't modify the form, although when I click on the subform control and right click on it is says it is a form not a datasheet.

I've tried to do something similar with a datasheet however when I add a delete button to the datasheet control it does not appear on the form. I was therefore what is this control in the screenshot and how do you create one and add a button?

Thanks!

screenshot.JPG

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:52
You have to put buttons like this on the Header or footer of the form.

If you have a (sub) form on datasheet display all the nice buttons and features of the "normal" form disappear and only the Header or Footer (obviously on the respective top or bottom of the sub form) remain.

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your help, although I don't really understand your answer - sorry!

The example in the attachment he seems to put the button in the control (which is a subform) and he therefore has not put the button in the header or the footer of the form. So, I'm wondering how this is done in the example I have shown. I will have five of these subforms
on my form therefore I would like the delete buttons on top of each control due space and design issues.

Thanks

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
On the header of the SUBFORM not of the main form but the SUBFORM.

robben

Registered User.
Local time
I've tried what you have kindly suggested see Screenshot1 and put the button in the Form Header for the subform see attachement Screenshot1. However, when I run it the button does not appear see attachment Screenshot2. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Screenshot1.JPG

Screenshot2.JPG

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
It's a button on a header of a subform that is being displayed as CONTINUOUS form, not Datasheet, what is what yours is. Change the default view to Continuous and the button will show up.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
hmz, I allways thought that was possible.... It appears I *suck* sorry for the miss guidance :(

Datagrid and header doesnt seem to work... Your sample MUST be (as far as I can tell) not a datasheet, but rather a Continues form with the controls extreemly close on eachother....

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your reply, the button appears and I can now delete values. However, the screenshot in my first example looks like a datasheet while mine has continuous headings and I would like my values to have no spaces between them (see below for attachment Screenshot3 to see what I mean). Sorry to be a pain but what do I need to change to get this looking the same?

Thanks fore your patience!

Screenshot3.JPG

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Alter the subform to have no space between the control and the bottom/top of the line.

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks namliam for your reply. I have removed the subform to have no spaces see screenshot on right. Although, it still apears the same see screenshot on left. Any ideas?

Screenshot4.JPG

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 09:52
Copy or import the form into a new database and see if you can open it in design view...

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Yep, I can open it up in design mode in another database.

KenHigg

Local time
So can you reverse engineer it now and see how it works?

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Checked all the options for the control and I can't find how to it. Anyone with any ideas thanks?

KenHigg

Local time
Post an .mdb (zipped) with just the form in it.

KenHigg

Local time
Sorry but when I open the form in design view it all looks pretty logical to me... Maybe you hung up on the borders, etc?

KenHigg

Local time
Was this the original subfrom control you ask about? It looks different !?

robben

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Ken,

Yes the subfrom control is the original. Ken can you do me a favour can you copy the subcontrol onto a form and then I can work out how to do it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

KenHigg

Local time
Here ya go. I tinkered with it a bit. Not sure why you couldn't do this? ??

Attachments

• TestAppDb.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 82

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom