what system is best? (1 Viewer)

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 10:18
There will be a day of reckoning when the stimulus and unemployment run out.

it does not matter if you left or right. under donald trump rule, the word STIMULUS was still a thing. STIMULUS has been around forever at this point. politicians are so stupid that they know nothing else but STIMULUS. they have no concept of money MANAGEMENT. if USA PRINTS money, who cares? no reason to care!

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:18
Maybe the US should turn to alternative funding sources to shore up its revenues, like brand new crypto pump & dumps. I heard one came out Monday...Time to buy 10 Trillion of them before it skyrockets to 1/1000th of a cent?

Heck, we could create a new one weekly, and pay Lebron James or Jennifer Aniston to officially direct their Instagram followers to buy it.
One thing nobody can deny - our nation gets smarter every year! :sneaky:

conception_native_0123

Local time
Maybe the US should turn to alternative funding sources to shore up its revenues, like brand new crypto pump & dumps. I heard one came out Monday...Time to buy 10 Trillion of them before it skyrockets to 1/1000th of a cent?
hey! you have seen this?

apparently eloon musk is disappointed with all of the electronic usage of bitcoin miners. that's why there is a semiconductor chip shortage in the world too! holy cow.

Jbooker

Local time
Today, 11:18
Has little to do with energy use. Check $btc price chart yesterday.
1 tweet + 1 hour = 10% discount.
New Influence Metric Unlocked.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yep - crazy. It is a good and serious reminder of the risks of investing in something that has, arguably I'll admit, limited intrinsic value at best.

I tried to get my son to go halfsies with me on a $1k ASIC for mining Dogecoin and he wasn't convinced.

I had just put $100 into BTC and then Elon tweets that a few hours later. I have the worst luck! Ha. My entry point (<55k) made total sense for day/week trading purposes, until he makes his silly announcement.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Regarding your comments in response to my multiple quotes:

It is interesting that you mention all these vverses doc man. but what you not realize is that many of them, really those from proverbs, do NOT describe wealth and money making. here is what they mean, in terms of earning you way to heavens:

this means that working causes people to earn they place in heavens. has nothing to do with poverty as you thinking about it. this is biblocal talk. not economy talk.

this describe loyalty to christ. not farming. it is parable-type writing by whoever wrote it! same as parables spoken by jesus long times ago.,

once again, this describe reward that you receive when you work on earth. nothing to do with economics.

not sure really what this talking about. this one a little confusing!

this the same as the passage that say "faith without works is dead". TOIL = working for God and working to earn PLACE on earth and elsewhere. not money. but yes, money is part of it. always has to be because system pays out money.

Sorry, but you are wrong. You have strained at a gnat to swallow a camel. None of the quotes are about economics. They are all about the hard reality that we live in THIS world through mundane work. If you don't work, you don't eat. If you believe in the spiritual world, which I don't, you might find benefit in prayer - but put THIS in your pipe and smoke it: If you don't work in the mundane world, you won't be able to display very much charity at all because you will be on the needy end of that equation. If you want to donate to charities, go out and work so you will have some disposable income.

Looking for abstract spiritual underpinnings is one of the reasons why Sigmund Freud once was heard to remark: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." You can take all of those quotes at face value. Given the abysmal lack of education prevalent during the times of the Old Testament (home of Proverbs), putting abstract spiritual symbolism in a simple statement intended for simple, uneducated people seems stupid. "Proverbs" was mostly either prayer or simple and very direct advice. But if I am right and those proverbs held simple and direct advice, it doesn't match well with YOUR narrative.

Your problem with understanding Proverbs 12:24 is simple - its direct meaning cannot be wiped away by abstract interpretations. Those quotes ALL are variants of a phrase that is popular but doesn't actually occur literally in the Bible: The Lord helps those who help themselves. That phrase is not a quote but if you sum up the several proverbs I mentioned, that is pretty much what is being said.

You keep on railing against what has happened in the USA, totally forgetting ALL of the other evils in the world occurring in other nations. Get off your high horse and step into reality. You are fighting a losing battle here because you have a tendency to ignore the reality around you, or you are afraid to examine reality for fear that you will actually understand human nature better. And doing so might interfere with your beliefs to such an extreme as to cause a massive cognitive dissonance between your faith and a new understanding of reality.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
We just got back from 7-Eleven we didn't wear a mask inside. There were about 10 people inside including 2 police officers everyone had masks except my wife and myself. Everyone was calm but we did get some stares. 👀

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
We just got back from 7-Eleven we didn't wear a mask inside. There were about 10 people inside including 2 police officers everyone had masks except my wife and myself. Everyone was calm but we did get some stares. 👀
Has a mask-related rule just been changed in your area?

conception_native_0123

Local time
I don't think I understood what this post meant whatsoever hahaha. And doc man, I will respond to you a little later I just can't think of what to say right now. @The_Doc_Man

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Thanks. I'm behind the news. Has anything changed much locally though? Or is there still a state or citywide thing going on?
I think Arizona has officially lifted the statewide one, and supposedly the order also prohibited cities from being more restrictive, however, I think businesses still have the legal right to require whatever they want. I haven't tried it at the local circle K, but I might do so soon. Then again, that's the lowest standard place anyway. Maybe I should try it at a Chipotle or Target..

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Right, but I was getting at the difference between CDC guidance vs. actual laws or exec orders
Hey, on the bright side, they're finally catching up with common sense!

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah I expect the local business and government will impose their own restrictions, but I leave CA so it's a big deal.

Jbooker

Local time
Shoulda bought that dogecoin an hour ago.
1 tweet + 1 hour = 25% bump.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
There will be a day of reckoning when the stimulus and unemployment run out. People are addicted to the promise of "free money". At that point, the people in power will need a scapegoat to blame for their malfeasance.
I believe that this is a purposely created government inspired crises (
conspiracy theory warning
) for the purpose of establishing "universal basic income" when the stimulus/unemployment money runs out. This will be a repeat of the Student Loan and Housing crises.

When the money runs-out, the gullible masses will be claiming that they are suffering and will inundate their congresspeople demanding a restoration of those free $$$. The complicit media will also be joining the Democrats with sob-story article after human interest story endlessly describing how poor minority oppressed single-mothers birthing people in blighted neighborhoods are suffering due to White Privilege.

Democrats play a deep-game which looks logically ridiculous but they have been very successful at it. "Universal basic income" is on the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom