Whats the better Option? (1 Viewer)

How should the Iranian Nuke issue be solved?

• Let them have nukes and tell them mutually assured destruction.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let Israel preemptively take out the nuclear sites.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Let the US preemptively take out the nuclear sites.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It's Israel's problem let them deal with it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 03:18
Keep editting man. If there were an infinite number of monkeys...

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:18
Rich said:
Well I wouldn't be welcome in the US, would I?:cool:

sure ya would Rich, we will take anyone as long as they do it legally

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:18
Rich said:
Well I wouldn't be welcome in the US, would I?:cool:

They sell tea and cake at the local wal-mart. I'm sure we could make you feel at home :p

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Today, 06:18
dan-cat said:
They sell tea and cake at the local wal-mart. I'm sure we could make you feel at home :p

KalelGmoon said:
sure ya would Rich, we will take anyone as long as they do it legally

Oh thats funny...lol :p

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
I make my own cakes and don't drink tea thanks:p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
I make my own cakes and don't drink tea thanks:p

You'll have to bring some with you, then we'll really see what you're made of :D

R

Rich

dan-cat said:
You'll have to bring some with you, then we'll really see what you're made of :D
They're too good for Americans and in any case I'd have eaten them all on the way over:cool: :p

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
They're too good for Americans and in any case I'd have eaten them all on the way over:cool: :p

I gave you a perfect opportunity to educate us and you blew it :rolleyes: ;)

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Rich said:
You'll have to make do with my grandkid's testimony:p

...and I thought only crazy extremists used human shields :mad:

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
Well things getting better and worse at the same time...announced today that North Korea has reached a deal with the US...will see how much water that holds....

http://www.yahoo.com/s/256156/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070119/ap_on_re_as/koreas_nuclear

And Iran...well he is lashing out against the US build up in the gulf...the US said yesterday that Iran may have overplayed its hand and is mistaken the US for being weak due to the 4 year war in Iraq...so more carriers are being sent to the gulf to tote a few guns.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/256157/*http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070119/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_nuclear

R

Rich

Jakboi said:
And Iran...well he is lashing out against the US build up in the gulf...the US said yesterday that Iran may have overplayed its hand and is mistaken the US for being weak due to the 4 year war in Iraq...so more carriers are being sent to the gulf to tote a few guns.
American diplomacy>>>>> oxymoron

KalelGmoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:18
Rich said:
American diplomacy>>>>> oxymoron

I prefer to think of it as "aggressive negotiations" hehe

wonders if anyone will get the quote

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
KalelGmoon said:
I prefer to think of it as "aggressive negotiations" hehe

wonders if anyone will get the quote

your friendly neighborhood skulking movie addict :cool:
SWEPII

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
U.S. warns Iran to back down

It sure is getting up there in regard to tensions.

"DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A second U.S. aircraft carrier strike group now steaming toward the Middle East is Washington's way of warning Iran to back down in its attempts to dominate the region, a top U.S. diplomat said here Tuesday."

"Ahmadinejad said last week that Iran is "ready for anything" in its confrontation with the United States."

"Iran conducted missile tests on Monday, the first of five days of military maneuvers southeast of Tehran. The Islamic republic also barred 38 inspectors from the U.N. nuclear watchdog — the International Atomic Energy Agency, prompting fears that it was seeking to restrict access to its facilities."

""Iran is going to have to understand that the United States will protect its interests if Iran seeks to confront us," Burns continued."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070123/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iran_us

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 03:18
Jakboi said:
It sure is getting up there in regard to tensions.
Maybe switch to decaf, man. You're awful jittery.

Jakboi

Death by Access
Local time
lagbolt said:
Maybe switch to decaf, man. You're awful jittery.

lol...prob should. But you know if Iran keeps it up or is looking for confrontation it will happen. Thats the scary thing.

See North Korea is different I think. Even though we are still at war with North Korea technically...theres more to play there.

China wouldn't allow us to attack N. Korea to end all this for once and for all and get rid of the dictator...too close to China. The amount of refuges and the thought of US presence on China's border in that fashion would make them nervous. Plus the fact if confrontation happend they would attack our friends South Korea in retailiation. Seoul is just over the border. Too complicated there.

Now Iran is different. We are on both its borders right now. With Nato in Afghanistan and US and Britain, and some other countries to the west in Iraq. It would be much easier to take military action if need be than in N. Korea.

So if things got out of hand I believe they could escalate much faster in Iran. We have 200,00+ soldiers and carriers and equipment right there.

I doubt it would happen anytime soon, but you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom