What's your favorite movie quote? (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 14:48
From Tremors 2...

"I feel I was denied critical, need-to-know information!"
Burt Gummer
Tremors 1 was a classic. all the others were low class, although 2 was still alright. I can't for the life of me think of a great line from 1!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:48
The only thing I remember from Tremors 2 is that line (and Burt) so I guess that emphasizes how good it was.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
How about
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Surely it needs no explanation.
Or
Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine.
The Imitation Game

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 20:48
Tremors 1 was a classic. all the others were low class, although 2 was still alright. I can't for the life of me think of a great line from 1!

I always imagine that every American who lives out in the countryside has an armoury like that couple in Tremors 1. Plus, they have a Hummer for a car and dress in combat clothing.

Sorry, slightly off topic, carry on, as you were.

Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Col, you left out one part, at least relevant to the first Tremors. All the women look like Reba McIntyre.

Of course, the reality is slightly different. At least one of those weapons would not be allowed. The survivalist refers to his "cannon" as the reason he had supplies of the black powder they used to make the pipe bombs. In fact, civilians are not allowed to own functional cannons. The other weapons? None of them were demonstrated as being fully automatic, so the rest of the lot was probably OK, including the elephant gun.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
TDM - AFAIK a cannon is not federally prohibited but is prohobited in some states, and anyone can own a functioning cannon if it is muzzle loaded.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Another myth busted. Forgot about the muzzle loaders.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:48
Another quote from I think from every Star Wars movie. "I've got a bad feeling about this', (of course I may have misquoted slightly). Of course getting calls from some clients, I would like to use that quote.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Well, at least for muzzle-loader cannon, you don't have to worry about a "concealed carry" permit.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Another quote from actually two movies 'Faster, faster, must go faster' from the the same actor. Without searching for it, can you name the actor and the two movies?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Another quote from actually two movies 'Faster, faster, must go faster' from the the same actor. Without searching for it, can you name the actor and the two movies?
Jeff Goldblum, Jurrasic Park. :) no?

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 20:48

Jeff Goldblum, but it wasnt exactly the same in each movie, same words just a different combination of their use..

First film was Jurrasic Park, second film was Independance Day

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Yes that was the actor and the movies. It was interesting that I saw Jurassic Park after Independence Day and fairly close together.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yes that was the actor and the movies. It was interesting that I saw Jurassic Park after Independence Day and fairly close together.
I thought ID resurgence was horrible. and roland emmerich even did that one too!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I thought ID resurgence was horrible. and roland emmerich even did that one too!

Some sequels are better than others. Blame ID Resurgence on the successful box office of ID. Somebody wanted to squeeze the golden goose a little tighter.

Sometimes a sequel or set of sequels work OK when the material supports it - case in point the Harry Potter series.

Sometimes it is a descending spiral - case in point the "Alien" series. First was good, second was decent, then the descent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom