What's your feeling about churches and Christianity? (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 14:18
Just remember, Adam... Even though you are not paranoid, it still doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you.
now what does THAT mean, Richard!? Are you against me as a person, or a businessman, after all the compassion I've shown you? and by the way, I'm headed to my cellular carrier today to change the phone number, in person, so the problem is taken care of. But just you watch, if the stupid NSA is tracking me, those clicks will start happening again sometime in the future! :rolleyes: if they're as good as they say they are, more than likely they've looked me up on the internet by now. I'm sure they know who I am and where I'm at. I'm expecting a visit from the men in black any day now. :D Come to think of it, I'm wondering where my damn AMEX card is! It's supposed to be here by now!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I am a bit calmer today. I will no longer apologize for losing my temper because you are an agent provocateur and therefore must expect the occasional outburst in whatever mind-games you are playing.

Based on your question, I sense that you have another problem. You tell me you are trying to be light-hearted and have fun. If you want to do that, you have to understand other people's jokes a bit better. The jokes I have used in the past somehow seem to pass you by without effect. Your loss.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
whatever mind-games you are playing.
I told you yesterday Richard, I'm not playing any. At least I'm not trying to. That's frowned upon per the new covenant of Christ.
you have to understand other people's jokes a bit better. The jokes I have used in the past somehow seem to pass you by without effect. Your loss.
I think I'm getting better at realizing what's going on around here. But that doesn't mean you people still lose me with your dry and confusing humor. Oh wait, maybe that's me too. In your case, I would call it "sophisticated" humor that sometimes delves into "philosophy". Case in point, your post about the backwards wording in Proverbs. And it seems like I was successful in riling you up with the reciprocate in VBA code. LOL. :D

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
And it seems like I was successful in riling you up with the reciprocate in VBA code. LOL.

You DO realize that by using the word "successful" you just tipped your hand again. That is the behavior of a troll, Adam. And yet you claim to not be playing games. {sigh}

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
You DO realize that by using the word "successful" you just tipped your hand again. That is the behavior of a troll, Adam. And yet you claim to not be playing games. {sigh}
really?? a troll?? OK, well I'll stop then. I wouldn't want Colin to banish me again, for an unrelated reason to my previous banishments! I do seriously think that you would change your mind about me if you met me in real life, Richard. Most older people that do meet me, of who I initially meet online, say that very thing. That's exactly why I despise electronic communication. There's nothing human about it, but alas, the corporate idiots of the world force it, so here we are....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In south Louisiana we have a saying: If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it ain't a poullet-doux. (Pronounced pull-doo')

If you behave like a troll then you risk earning the title. It is that simple.

Adam, you may believe as you wish. You will note that I continue to answer your tech questions with civility. I.e. the encryption question. However, I have no need to get pulled into non-technical discussions with you in any depth. I will not banish you or ignore you via any mechanism from the forum. But I will consider more carefully how I respond to your non-technical questions. You may (correctly) take my silence on any thread as an indication of an active and affirmative disinterest in getting involved.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
In south Louisiana we have a saying: If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it ain't a poullet-doux. (Pronounced pull-doo')
can you expand on that? I'm not a troll, and if anyone here thinks so, I'm not going to lose a single moment of sleep about it. I've got plenty of other people in my network that think otherwise. by the way, I wanted to tell you this too....when you start a block of text with this:
it reminds me of that russian girl I talked to, who obviously was doing illigeitimate things in life. And claiming to be Christian to boot! Wow, what a contradiction that is! Aside from her constant use of the words "honey", "dear", "baby", "my dear" and "sweety", almost all of her emails started sentences with:
almost like she was making a concious effort to get my attention effectively. Is that the case here too, Richard?

It reminds me of a lot of other cultural phenomenons too, like how America has totally destroyed foreign cultures that would otherwise be very fascinating to explore. I went to the UIHC clinic in town last week to get some anti-inflammatory meds, and the Indian doctors kept saying this to me, after I described the issues I was having at various points in time:
gotchya, gotchya
I don't know how that stupid phrase came into being, but every customer service person I talk to during the day says that exact same thing when I describe a problem. Must be a level-1 agent thing or something. I'm pretty sure it didn't come from politically-minded management personnel.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Ah, you don't like it when I call you by your name. I don't call you "bud" or "bro" or other endearments. Or at least I don't recall that. And you HAVE used "bud" on more than one forum member that I have seen.

But then again, you call me "grandpa" and I can tell you, we ain't related. There are only three people on Earth who have permission to call me Grandpa and I know where all three of them live.

So when it comes to inappropriate name usage, shall we start playing the "pot and kettle" game? You already got in trouble with the forum for that among other issues. How quickly you forget.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
But then again, you call me "grandpa" and I can tell you, we ain't related. There are only three people on Earth who have permission to call me Grandpa and I know where all three of them live.
OK, fine. That'll stop. no argument. and if you want my address, you know how to get it. Google is your friend. :)
How quickly you forget.
oh I don't think so, sir. My keen memory is a spiritual gift from the Lord, among a couple of others that are well known to the people I know in real life.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Let's clear some air. I have revealed my name as Richard and I sometimes sign with it. You have permission to use either "Richard" or the other term that some forum members use, "Doc", in place of my full screen name. You can refer to the fact that I AM a grandpa because it is part of my signature area - but I am not YOUR grandpa and my specific objection is to that narrower usage. By the way, I forgive you for the unwarranted familiarity - this time.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
By the way, I forgive you for the unwarranted familiarity - this time.
you just might be a good Christian then, Richard. Forgiveness is key in this business, regardless of the sin someone commits against you. Per Christ:
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your cloak, do not withhold your tunic as well.
:)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Do you recall that I reject the mysticism and divinity of the Bible but actually pay attention to the cultural advice sometimes? I have always said that there were good lessons in the Bible. It's the references to God and Heaven and Satan and Hell that I don't buy.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
It's the references to God and Heaven and Satan and Hell that I don't buy.
I can't help you there, Richard. All I can tell you is that the enemy rules this place, and the almighty runs the other one. If you have a hard time believing those entities, then you would totally call the wikipedia article on Padre Pio a sham. He describes in there how Satan played tricks on him constantly, which he was able to dodge based on what he was feeling in his heart at the time of the false visions. He even describes how he was physically attacked on some nights during the overnight hours. I can tell you that based on my own case, when the Lord saves someone and enters their soul and gives them enlightenment, Satan is also "loosed" somewhat and enters the game as well. More than likely, because that "door" has been opened to connect to the Lord, and thus the door is also open for Satan to cause problems by trying to deceive in the same manner.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yep - the door to a fertile imagination.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yep - the door to a fertile imagination.
I can't help you anymore, Richard. It's between you and the one who knows all now. I hope you turn around someday. I don't think we have anything else to talk about in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom