Solved When saving a report to file it is saving more than one report instead of just the one i want filed (1 Viewer)

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:51
When saving a report to file it is saving more than one report instead of just the one i want filed:-

I am using this code:

Code:
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "SafetyInformationCard", "", "", False, "", 0

I am using the same for another two reports which works fine and does not create additional reports within the same pdf?

Thank you in advance

Sam

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:51
Hi. Not sure I understand. When you say "additional reports," are you talking about multiple pages or actual reports from your database. You know, like saving Report1 and Report2 and Report3 also get saved?

Sam Summers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:51
Hi. Not sure I understand. When you say "additional reports," are you talking about multiple pages or actual reports from your database. You know, like saving Report1 and Report2 and Report3 also get saved?
Hi there,
So i have just tested how it prints and it prints the two pages fine using this code:

Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport "SafetyInformationCard", , , ("[RiskAssessmentID] = " & Forms!ViewAllRiskAssessments![RiskAssessmentID])

But when i save to file i get this - as attached?

Attachments

• SafetyInformationCard.pdf
    165 KB · Views: 254

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:51
It is because OutputTo method doesn't have the Where condition like OpenReport. You will have to modify the report's record source to return only one record (RiskAssessmentID) or open the report hidden then call the OutputTo with an empty report name argument (it will save the current open report):
Code:
DoCmd.OpenReport "SafetyInformationCard", , , ("[RiskAssessmentID] = " & Forms!ViewAllRiskAssessments![RiskAssessmentID]), acHidden

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, , "", "", False, "", 0

Cheers,
Vlad

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 20:51
is ok if i put the "criteria" directly to the Recordsource of the report?

Attachments

• Safey Risk Assessment.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 138

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom