Where are you in the political spectrum? (1 Viewer)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:21
Finally, we can settle the "You're a liberal" "No, I'm in the middle" type of arguments. This web site has a 62-question test that will show you where you fall in the spectrum of political ideologies.

And to all those who have doubted my claim of being "left of center", officially I am:

Economic Left: -2.38
Social Libertarian: -2.56

on a scale of +10/-10. In other words, I am 24% to the left and 25% liberal from center.

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
Today, 01:21
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

Although I think it should have included a completely neutral choice many of the questions I have no opinion on what so ever. So I just pick one or the other.

Last edited:

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 07:21
Economic Left/Right: -4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

That would put me somewhere between Ghandi and Mandela ?
But must say that 40% of the questions are simplified and can not be answered with agree or not agree :cool:

Bodisathva

Registered User.
Local time
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41

Definitely agree with observations by rak & jsanders. Also seems to neglect to take into consideration that just because I personally approve or disapprove of an idea doesn't mean that I'm naive enough to believe that it would be an appropriate political construct. How about a "Since we can't beat 'em senseless..." option?:eek: :eek:

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:21
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

See, told ya yall' were a bunch of liberals :p

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
I think it's a good thing there are no "completely neutral" options. In politics, as in any leadership position, one must make choices; you can't just claim neutrality and wash your hands of the topic. Unless you're Bill Clinton. (That one was for the Republicans. Don't say I never do nuthin' for ya. ;) )

It is interesting that I'm the most liberal person to post so far, but I'm not even that liberal. It's probably due to my "strong" responses on gay issues. In any case, to the folks who took the survey: did you find it useful/interesting/enlightening?

Last edited:

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
I think it's a good thing there are no "completely neutral" options. In politics, as in any leadership position, one must make choices; you can't just claim neutrality and wash your hands of the topic.
I don't think that it really show neutrality as you are putting forward, but more a issue stance on both sides depending on the question. For an extrem example of my point (not opinion) if you answered Disagreed to Bigotry towards blacks has ended, but Agreed to Gays should not be seen in public, one is more left, and the other more right, so they could (depending on the weighting of the questions) zero each other out. Neither means you are washing your hands of anything, just your left and right issues are balanced, so to speak.

Matty

...the Myth Buster
Local time
Economic Left/Right: -7.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.13

I took this questionnaire a while back, but I don't think my views have changed much since then.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
FoFa said:
I don't think that it really show neutrality as you are putting forward, ... , just your left and right issues are balanced, so to speak.
I wasn't suggesting a neutral score meant you have a neutral position on all the questions. I was responding to others' suggestion that there should be the option to answer completely neutrally to specific questions.

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.59

Ok, I took it--Not exactly sure what my scores means, but hey I'm learning.

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
The site itself goes into some explanation of the spectrum. But a simple summary would be:

For economic issues, you believe more in government regulation and redistribution of wealth than in free markets and pure capitalism. If zero is completely neutral/balanced, your score shows you lean about a third of the way toward communism and away from libertarianism (aka, completely free market).

For social issues, you believe more in government control than individual liberty. Again, if zero is completely neutral/balanced, your score shows you lean about a third of the way toward facism and away from anarchism.

I hope that helped. :)

Last edited:

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Kraj said:
The site itself goes into some explanation of the spectrum. But a simple summary would be:

For economic issues, you believe more in government regulation and redistribution of wealth than in free markets and pure capitalism. If zero is completely neutral/balanced, your score shows you lean about a third of the way toward communism and away from libertarianism (aka, completely free market).

For social issues, you believe more in government control than individual liberty. Again, if zero is completely neutral/balanced, your score shows you lean about a third of the way toward facism and away from anarchism.

I hope that helped. :)

Thanks Greg!

Wow, I learned alot about myself today.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Kraj said:
I wasn't suggesting a neutral score meant you have a neutral position on all the questions. I was responding to others' suggestion that there should be the option to answer completely neutrally to specific questions.
Your right, I read it wrong.
Never Mind
:eek:

wazz

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 13:21
Bodisathva said:
How about a "Since we can't beat 'em senseless..." option? :eek: :eek:
hence your (Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.41) rating. (so very 'bodisathva'...). (guess we all feel that way at times).

me:
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26

seems we canadians lean a little to the social side, eh?

Last edited:

gijskerstens

Local time
Today, 07:21
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.69
seems to be pretty much correct, but I agree, a neutral answer would be nice in some cases

jsanders

If I Only had a Brain
Local time
FoFa said:
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

See, told ya yall' were a bunch of liberals :p

Actually we are quite close on the "liberal" scale, but the big difference is that I believe Satan owns the big multi-nationals.

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
jsanders said:
Actually we are quite close on the "liberal" scale, but the big difference is that I believe Satan owns the big multi-nationals.
Interesting, except, business is in business to make money, period. Until you accept that fact, you are just off base. Unless you want something like the old CCCP employing people just to do it. Their polution levels were off the map, and quality of their products, well, had a little left to be desired. And I don't think there is much middle ground between the two. If you want to employ people and not care about profits, then you are either like the old CCCP or government. I don't know what the big multi-nationals are doing that would require a satan label how ever, but not saying they are angels either.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.05

Does this mean I sit on the fence or take a balanced view???

Brian

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
It means your opinions on issues are evenly distributed among the political ideologies and you likely do not strongly favor any side in a particular issue.

Whether that's "balanced" or "fence sitting" is really just a semantic value judgement.

lmnop7854

Quittin' Time
Local time
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87

Kind of where I thought I would land. The only thing I didn't like about the test is that there were a few questions I wish I had more information on, in order to really agree or disagree. So I based my answers on what I understand from the media and from reading and hearing what other people say about the issues. Which doesn't really help very much, since all of that is pretty subjective.

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom