where do kids get the guns from? (1 Viewer)

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:21

where do kids get the guns from?​

Not a kid, he is an 18-year-old young adult. But because he is a POC everyone has moved off this story very very fast.

Meanwhile in Chicago over 524 murders YTD and still nobody cares because it's predominantly POC causing it and also the victims.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 19:21
Something to consider, Democrats and the left wing media ignore gun violence perpetuated within the Black community. As an aside, note that the article does not mentions that the shooter is Black. Had the shooter been White, that would have resulted in even larger headlines with implications of racism. Consider the next story, where Kim Fox refused to prosecute participants in a deadly shootout in Chicago.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
left wing media ignore gun violence perpetuated within the Black community.
Yeah, it doesn't fit the narrative so they conveniently ignore it and report on their bread and butter stories about Trump, Jan 6th, and anti-vaxxers. Otherwise, they serve no purpose at all.

Edit: does the left know Trump is not in office? At some point, they have to deal with Biden's incompetence.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
I heard a story about how a large number of native american women disappear every year, but their stories never make the press.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
And not just native americans, but practically any death (or disappearance) of a person in the context of drugs and violence tends to be overlooked. The media seem to focus on those they can project as the "sweet innocent American blondes" type.

Then again, Law & Order SVU is one of the most successful and watched TV shows of all time.

Who's actually to blame here - and what's actually the fascination? It's an uncomfortable question the US has never faced - and, I believe, never will. A little too hard a subject for polite society.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
so kids can legally buy guns at age 18?

WHO CAN HAVE A GUN​

Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess in Texas​

VIEW POLICY AREA
Last updatedMAY 3, 2021.
There is no minimum age to possess firearms under Texas law. Texas law generally prohibits intentionally or knowingly selling, renting, leasing, or giving or offering to sell, rent, lease, or give any firearm to any child younger than age 18.1 However, it is an affirmative defense to this offense that the parent or the person having legal custody of the minor had given written permission for the sale or, if the transfer was other than a sale, the parent or person having legal custody had given effective consent.2Federal age restrictions impose stricter limits.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Personally I think if they can send your ass to the middle east to fight and die you should be able to have beer and shoot a gun with ln reason

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Google is so effective that when I'm looking for an electric skilsaw that's <$50 at Home Depot, I have better (and quicker) luck Googling "home depot skilsaw under $50" than I do going TO the individual retailer's website and using their tedious Search & Filter features.

Same with jeans at Kohls or windshield wipers at Auto Zone.

It's really quite amazing!

hkc94501

Local time
Tomorrow, 08:21
Something to consider, Democrats and the left wing media ignore gun violence perpetuated within the Black community. As an aside, note that the article does not mentions that the shooter is Black. Had the shooter been White, that would have resulted in even larger headlines with implications of racism. Consider the next story, where Kim Fox refused to prosecute participants in a deadly shootout in Chicago.
Nonsense! Democrats do not ignore gun violence in black communities. Consider that black communities are predominantly (exclusively) represented by Democrats and Democrats are leading the charge on gun safety. Now I will make a generalization. People who make claims like this tend to believe that the solution to gun violence is either more guns or mass incarceration. Neither works. More guns only make for more violence consider the cases of Japan and Australia. The only place where more guns does not mean more violence is Switzerland.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Nonsense! Democrats do not ignore gun violence in black communities. Consider that black communities are predominantly (exclusively) represented by Democrats and Democrats are leading the charge on gun safety. Now I will make a generalization. People who make claims like this tend to believe that the solution to gun violence is either more guns or mass incarceration. Neither works. More guns only make for more violence consider the cases of Japan and Australia. The only place where more guns does not mean more violence is Switzerland.

No, it's not nonsense.

Consider this article by CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/opinions/mass-shootings-white-male-rage-modan-opinion/index.html
Which includes this quote:
Since 1982, mass shootings in the United States have been committed by white men who are often labeled “lone wolves” or “psychologically impaired.”

Now consider the actual truth:

The real truth is, as everyone knows but is taboo to say, the VAST majority of violent crimes are not committed by whites. That's right, vast majority, and I did say it out loud, since it's relevant to this little debate. I believe that's what liberals like to call an "uncomfortable truth".

So you have the incredible idiocy of someone taking a specific "selection" of crime type, miniscule to the point of being almost non-existent versus the numbers, and emphasizing that those crimes were committed by whites.
Which is very misleading, and nonsensical to emphasize, since the broader truth about violent crime is the opposite.

The idea that guns cause violence (and thus removing them from the type of gun customers who actually buy guns in gun stores through background checks and with ID), is preposterous. The places in this country that have the most guns and the loosest controls on those guns also have the least gun violence and the fewest killings.

Gun control has never been about guns, it's been about control. Biden, for example, wants to ban stabilizing braces used almost exclusively by target shooters to hold heavy firearms. Those devices play zero role in the urban violence epidemic in our country. Fully 13% of the USA owns those devices, and passing that law would make them all criminals unless they are surrendered. So why would he want to ban them? To answer that question read the last few sentences. I think you are smart enough to guess what demographic of people owns those harmless pieces of plastic.

Biden wants to ban AR 15's, and so-called assault rifles.

The strange thing is, that was already done. They were banned for a decade until 2004. The Justice Department then ran a study to determine the effect. The effect was, when the ban expired, gun homicides fell in every major city. Liberals even brazenly admit this!
evidence suggests it did not do much to reduce the incidence of gun violence overall.

Out of over 10,000 homicides in 2019, LESS than five percent of those were committed using rifles of any kind.

So, why ban rifles? I think by now, you've learned the answer to that one - and you know it's not about stopping violence.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:21
There is a line in the movie "V for Vendetta" in which we hear "The people should not fear their government; the government should fear its people." Well, the Democrats and anti-gun types SO GREATLY fear their people that they want to take away guns. That's OK, I know where we can get some pitchforks and oil-soaked torches...

But it makes you wonder WHY the Dems want to take away guns. What do they fear? Retribution from those who fear that they will be kicked out of office? Oh, Heavens to Murgatroyd!

hkc94501

Local time
Tomorrow, 08:21
No, it's not nonsense.

Consider this article by CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/03/opinions/mass-shootings-white-male-rage-modan-opinion/index.html
Which includes this quote:

Now consider the actual truth:

The real truth is, as everyone knows but is taboo to say, the VAST majority of violent crimes are not committed by whites. That's right, vast majority, and I did say it out loud, since it's relevant to this little debate. I believe that's what liberals like to call an "uncomfortable truth".

So you have the incredible idiocy of someone taking a specific "selection" of crime type, miniscule to the point of being almost non-existent versus the numbers, and emphasizing that those crimes were committed by whites.
Which is very misleading, and nonsensical to emphasize, since the broader truth about violent crime is the opposite.

The idea that guns cause violence (and thus removing them from the type of gun customers who actually buy guns in gun stores through background checks and with ID), is preposterous. The places in this country that have the most guns and the loosest controls on those guns also have the least gun violence and the fewest killings.

Gun control has never been about guns, it's been about control. Biden, for example, wants to ban stabilizing braces used almost exclusively by target shooters to hold heavy firearms. Those devices play zero role in the urban violence epidemic in our country. Fully 13% of the USA owns those devices, and passing that law would make them all criminals unless they are surrendered. So why would he want to ban them? To answer that question read the last few sentences. I think you are smart enough to guess what demographic of people owns those harmless pieces of plastic.

Biden wants to ban AR 15's, and so-called assault rifles.

The strange thing is, that was already done. They were banned for a decade until 2004. The Justice Department then ran a study to determine the effect. The effect was, when the ban expired, gun homicides fell in every major city. Liberals even brazenly admit this!

Out of over 10,000 homicides in 2019, LESS than five percent of those were committed using rifles of any kind.

So, why ban rifles? I think by now, you've learned the answer to that one - and you know it's not about stopping violence.
Isaac, You should take the time to check your facts and reexamine your prejudices. Your uncomfortable truth is a lie.

Since this is a forum about databases data should be of interest to readers here.
Here is some data from the FBI
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/topic-pages/tables/table-43
Fact is that white crime in America exceeds all other races except in murder and robbery. And most of those black murders are of other black kids in inner cities. Black on white murder is quite rare but the FBI doesn't publish the ethnicity of victims.

Furthermore if you look at per-capita violent crime rates almost all of the high rate states are red.

I have made up a spreadsheet from the FBI crime data and added in state by state census data and added filters so you can sort by per capita crime rate.

Attachments

• FBI-Crime-Stats.zip
    50.6 KB · Views: 156

Saphirah

Local time
Tomorrow, 00:21
Isaac, You should take the time to check your facts and reexamine your prejudices. Your uncomfortable truth is a lie.

But hkc94501, that is exactly the point. We are not talking about crimes in general, but gun violence. Now i do not know if these murders in the fbi report were committed by guns, knifes or whatever, but fact is that in the black community the murder rate is absurdly high.

Also these statistics do only include numbers, but not in relation to the actual population.
According to Wikipedia the percentage of white population is 72.6% in america, while black or african american are 13.3%.
That means the amount of white people in the USA is around 7x higher than black.

Now take into consideration your statistic. The total arrests of black people for whatever reason is mostly about 0.5-1 times the arrests of white.
The difference in numbers does not add up with the difference in population at all. The crime rate in the black community is SIGNIFICANTLY higher.

Usually i do not like to talk about race, because it is a sensitive topic, and i don't mean to offend anyone in any way.
But calling these facts prejudices is just wrong.
If you would increase the population of black/african american to the same amount as white people, the crime rates of this community would be 3.5-7x higher.

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Keep in mind the FBI is not a reliable source of information, this may surprise some people but the FBI has always been compromised going back to Hoover, Nixon, Obama, recently used against Trump, and now clearly used by Uncle Joe.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The crime rate in the black community is SIGNIFICANTLY higher
And I agree with Saphirah, I don't like to directly mention races either, but someone brought it up, and I feel that these conversations should begin - like, everyone comes to the table, conversation-wise- from a basis of Truth. If we can't lay out the actual facts, there's no reason to even debate the points.

@hkc94501 , you're completely wrong about publishing the race of the victim. One true thing you said is that interracial violent crime is relatively rare anyway (a small % of the total violent crime), but if you'd like to bring it up, black-on-white is twice the rate of white-on-black.
A quick look here shows you that you can, indeed, easily obtain the perpetrator and victim race pairings of violent crime:

A quick look here reveals several facts, which does confirm what I've said earlier in this thread and in other posts, there is very little interracial crime anyway - nothing like CNN likes to portray, as if one race is slaughtering the other. The truth is, most races are committing violent crimes against their own (including whites). But if you wanted to focus on the little bit of interracial violent crime that there is, here is the breakdown:

perp-on-vic:
  • white-on-white: 2594 out of 3299 white victims (approx 80%, as I've said in other posts)
  • black-on-black: 2574 out of 2906 black victims (88%)
  • white-on-black: 246 out of 2906 black victims (approx 8%)
  • black-on-white: 566 out of 3299 (approx 17%)

Totally different than the media portrays, in more than one way, isn't it?

Next,
It took me 5 minutes to get these facts from https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/table-43

355,244 violent crime arrests
209,848 white (59.1%) (1 % underrepresented, as the population is 60.1%)
129,346 black (36.4%) (2.7 times overrepresented, as the population is 13-14%)

I will stand corrected in my previous usage of "vast majority" - I should have referred to ratios and proportions, rather than using that term, since the majority actually ARE committed by whites (of course, they are the majority of the population, so that ratio holds to expectations)

Now, in all fairness, poverty and growing up in a fatherless household are also strong predictors of crime, statistically.

This is why America (and each group's culture, which plays a significant role) ought to be encouraging normal, 2-parent married households as much as possible - in the tax law, welfare structure and everywhere else. Right now welfare strongly incentivizes not getting married - but still having kids. Even a cursory look at data trends shows that this policy has failed miserably, and led to huge rises in crime and poverty.
Honestly, in my opinion, that is what policy makers and social 'engineers' (which are everywhere now) ought to be focusing on.

I also take no joy in discussing race in this context, but the national conversation in this country has, frankly, gotten a bit ridiculous. We should start out figuring out what the truth is and go from there. Right now the truth is Taboo, and so, naturally, it's been suplemented with all kinds of alternative theories on why not everyone who wants to achieve or get out of crime & poverty has done so. The fact is, those alternative theories are not doing ANYONE any good - nobody.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:21
I heard that in the USA, you can buy guns in a supermarket called Walmart. Also, there are gunshops on virtually every town centre street. Apparently, it's harder to buy a drink than a gun.

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom