where is James Carville when you need him? (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 12:30
“It’s the economy, stupid” — those famous words uttered by James Carville in 1992 were power then and just as powerful now and Democrats should take heed as it relates to November’s elections.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Hopefully, it is too late for the Democrats to adopt the economy as a campaign topic. Incredibly Democrats seem to reject the very thought that the economy even qualifies as a concern. "President Biden keeps on falsely remarking that the economy is strong". Moreover, it appears that the Democrats are cowering in the basement, like Biden, refusing to debate the issues (like the economy) with Republicans.

1666560791827.png

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Carville in this election cycle was wrong, as I was. The Democrats successfully transformed the economy concern into irrelevance. Unbelievable. Instead, the Democrats were able to majestically "sell" the concept that if you vote Republican; democracy will be "destroyed". Gullible voters bought that.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
With a lot of help from the RINOs among us. Can you imagine McConnell supporting Lisa Murkowski and Lynne Cheney? One votes with the Democrats and the other burned up her career trying to impeach Trump yet again. McConnell wouldn't even be in the Senate if Trump had not supported him in 2018. Talk about a feckless piece of s***. And HE is the "leader" of the Senate. At least there's rumbles about fixing that problem.

Last edited:

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
With a lot of help from the RINOs among us. Can you imagine McConnell supporting Lisa Murkowski and Lynne Cheney? One votes with the Democrats and the other burned up her career trying to impeach Trump yet again. McConnell wouldn't even be in the Senate if Trump had not supported him in 2018. Talk about a feckless piece of s***. And HE is the "leader" of the Senate. At least there's rumbles about fixing that problem.
Does anybody know if after the results of elections are final, if anybody can call for another vote on leadership?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It could be another month before Nevada, Alaska, and Georgia are in.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:30
As long as they didn't declare for Hillary, Col, I can live with it considering that Bill's health isn't necessarily so great.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 17:30
Judging from what some here moan on about, it seems that nobody is going to be a satisfactory president or senator or congressman. They all seem as bad as each other with their snouts in the trough and underhand ways.
I think an American hobby is to slang off anyone who pops their heads up to stand for government. It certainly is on these forums, I'm not sure some here are capable of any normal conversation that doesn't involve politics, what a boring life they must have.
Col

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Judging from what some here moan on about, it seems that nobody is going to be a satisfactory president or senator or congressman. They all seem as bad as each other with their snouts in the trough and underhand ways.
I think an American hobby is to slang off anyone who pops their heads up to stand for government. It certainly is on these forums, I'm not sure some here are capable of any normal conversation that doesn't involve politics, what a boring life they must have.
Col
Yes, it's an American Hobby, in politics, schools, sports teams, churches and the list goes on. Oh! that's right, also UK, and that list goes on.
I have found that serving others I have a wonderful life. It's not always easy. One difficult part as I travel is there are so many restaurants, so few meals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom