which event? (1 Viewer)

mcalex

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:19
hi all
I have a subform with a bunch of textboxes. I've set the subform to datasheet view only, so the textboxes appear like they're in a table (or a multi-column listbox).

My question is: what event do i program a response to, when the user clicks the Row selection 'button' at the beginning of the row? There's no datasheet object as such.

many tia
mcalex

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:19
You're selecting a record with this action, so the Form_Current event is popped at this time.

Linq ;0)>

mcalex

Registered User.
Local time
thanks missinglinq :)

ouch,
got err 2100 so I bumped up InsideHeight,
now getting err 2455 'You entered an expression that has an invalid reference to a Form/Report property'

looks like i got some code to fix!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 14:19
What is the exact code you are trying to use and on which form is the code and on which form is the code trying to act upon?

mcalex

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Bob

OK. I have a form with two subforms. Subform1 is a datasheet view of the 'main' columns of all records returned by a query and subform2 contains all fields and uses multi-line text boxes to display data for one record.

The form opens with subform1 populated and visible, and subform2 empty and hidden. When the user clicks on the row heading in the datasheet of subform1, I want to populate subform2 and make it visible. I have managed to get this working when the user doubleclicks on a cell in the datasheet, but it didn't work when I tried to call the same method from the form's _Current event.

Following your inference, I'm going back in and making sure the methods that are coded to each subform actually belong there and aren't supposed to be in the main form (and vice-versa).

I should be able to work my way out - or at least far enough out that I can ask a useful question to get further, and if - err, when that happens, I'll post in a new thread.

Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom