Whingeing Aussies (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 16:31
I'm disappointed in the Aussies, after making a brave decision to declare and setting the English a challenging but possible target when the English batsmen looked like achieving it and thus winning the test the Aussies started go slow tactics to drag the test into the fading light, and then spent time moaning about the light and bullying the umpires into halting the test.

They obviously preferred to loose the series 3 nil and be known as poor losers rather than 4 nil and good sportsman prepared to have a go for a 3 - 1 result.

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
There are far too many forums for non access discussion IMO .

BTW did you complain about rainlover's thread on the third test being in the Watercooler , I'm just keeping it simple.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
There are far too many forums for non access discussion IMO .

Brian

I agree. I don't see the point in that new forum. I'm not sure of the difference between a discussion and a debate so I'll avoid it, I suspect if I hd a discussion there it would be deleted by over zealous mods because its not a debate.

There are too many now, I don't look at them, can't be bothered.

Col

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Today, 11:31
Wow. Look at you guys still here after all these years. :) How are my boys?

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hi Tess, nice to see one of the young ladies on here, Cindy, aka MrsGorilla, doesn't get on much now but I suppose you lead busy lifes and have moved on.
I don't do much on the techie areas now as the knowledge rusts and gets outdated, 7 years retired now.
My daughters are keeping an eye on me since Hazel passed away and my two grandsons, ages 3 and1, keep me occupied.

How are you and yours?

Brian

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Oh Brian! I am so sorry to hear about Hazel!
My life has changed so drastically in the past few years. Middle daughter married and moved away to sc. Oldest daughter engaged living with her beau. Son in Jr. College studying Computer Programming. I am divorced now, happily and very amicably. We split the property down the middle. He sold the house we just bought a few years ago and I am under contract to sell the first house we ever owned together. Standing to make a decent profit which becomes my entire nest egg. I'm in Jacksonville right now, which is honestly why I even thought about logging in and checking on you guys. I remembered that Vass lives here and thought we could actually meet face to face and grab dinner. I planned to go back home tomorrow afternoon, but I completed my assignment and can leave tonight. I have opted to do just that. I have a "paramour".... lol.... "boyfriend" at my age sounds just ridiculous. I recently bought a condo in a desirable neighborhood that, in my best laid plans, will appreciate quite nicely and hopefully be a valuable asset when it comes time to retire.

I'm embarrassed to tell you that I actually made it across the pond this past summer! I would have let you all know, but the lovely man I traveled with (above referenced paramour) had us on a tight schedule as we trekked from London to Paris to Amsterdam to Brussels to Rome to Naples to Venice... all in about 12 days. It was one of the most freeing experiences of my life and truly a life changing trip. I will never forget it and I want to travel more now! I still well up recalling that I have seen The Eiffel Tower, Tower Bridge, The Palace Gardens, Westminster Abbey, Trevi Fountain, Pompei, The Amalfi Coast, The Grande Canal, The Ann Frank house, an Amsterdam "coffee shop", The Colleseum, The Pantheon, Notre Dame, The Louvre (outside, not inside), and a "peeing boy". I tasted proper fish and chips, waffles and ice cream, French Onion Soup, Pizza, escargot, Italian breads and cheeses, GELATO, Charles Quint and Pancakes made with everything you can think of! Truly the most amazing trip of my life. I shall return! Next time, I'd like to fit in Scotland and perhaps Ireland, two of my ancestral homes, and explore maybe more of the English countryside and find that darn Red House in Stonham Aspal Village that my greatX10 grandfather owned. Anyway.... rush hour traffic seems to have cleared up so it's time for me to make my way back to the middle of the state. :) Wonderful to see you guys. I will check in more often.

Love
T

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
It would have been lovely to have dinner! You must let me know the next time you are in town. It's good to see you around here again. :)

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Today, 10:31
Cindy, aka MrsGorilla, doesn't get on much now but I suppose you lead busy lifes and have moved on.

Oh, now Brian, I pop in from time to time. I don't always post though. ;)

Good to see you around, Tess! Now, if we only had Idjit here for Talk Like A Pirate Day...

TessB

Plays well with others
Local time
Oh Cindy!
Lovely to see you. Why look at you, you haven't changed a single bit.
LOL. Hugs to you. What is going on in your life? Everyone happy and healthy?

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Lol, you haven't changed a bit either! :D

Everyone is happy and healthy, thank you for asking. My husband and I recently celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary, and we're up to 3 kids now. Emily, our oldest, is now 9. Ally, our middle daughter, is now 6, and we have Olivia who is 15 months. So, I'm tired all the time! Lol. The older two are into all kinds of activities, so we're constantly running to church, soccer, karate or Girl Scouts. We'll be in real trouble when little Livvy gets old enough to want to do all those activities as well.

But life is good.

By the way, why is GELATO in all caps, bolded and underlined? :cool:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
BTW Tess from the online dictionary

par·a·mour (pr-mr)
n.
A lover, especially one in an adulterous relationship.

:eek:
Brian

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
I am suitably chastised.

Certainly didn't mean to chastise, especially you, Brian. :p
See? I even spelled chastise with an 's' instead of a 'z'...

Captain Vassago is keeping talk like a pirate going wench, as you know as you posted on the thread. :D

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=157198&page=2

Brian

I saw that. I debated about posting my new pirate name for the year, it always seems to change depending on my mood. :cool:

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Perhaps you should post it and challenge the other would be pirates to guess the mood?

Be careful with the spelling or Col will think that he is winning the arguments on correct English . :D

Brian

MrsGorilla

Rat Race Participant
Local time
Perhaps you should post it and challenge the other would be pirates to guess the mood?

Yes, I'm not sure what to tell them my mood is though. Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age. :D

Be careful with the spelling or Col will think that he is winning the arguments on correct English . :D

Brian

Yes, well, we want him to at least feel like he's accomplishing something, even if he really isn't. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom