Who Are These People? (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:37
I find it mind blowing that 67% of Dem voters would make the effort to write in Biden's name. I wonder though, did the other 13% vote for Nikki?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I find it mind blowing that 67% of Dem voters would make the effort to write in Biden's name.
Same here. Why take the time and effort to vote for someone who snubbed you?

I wonder though, did the other 13% vote for Nikki?
Funny you should ask.
"... The fact that most of those votes were from Democrats, who are for some reason allowed to vote in the GOP primary, in no way undermines the historic nature of our achievement."

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:37
I'll be honest. I don't really understand the 'caucus primary' states. They seem to have looked at the electoral system and decided it wasn't confusing enough.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It's not just the caucus primaries. It is the "normal" primaries that let you vote in the primary of your choice on election day. Most states require you to choose your party ahead of time and that's the primary you get to vote in. You can't change your mind at the last minute. In Connecticut, voting in a primary is more controlled than voting in the general election. You have to sign on with your party of choice 3 months before the election and you only get to vote in ONE primary. You can't vote in both. Whereas, for the general election, you can show up at the polling site and vote without an ID even. It's just that your vote becomes conditional so it isn't counted unless the vote is tied with the regular ballots.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom