Who Are These People? (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:07
Republican pundits keep claiming that the people see through Democratic party misinformation, of which there is much. Nevertheless, anecdotal evidence would seem to undercut that rosy partisan assertion. The "red wave" fizzled in the last couple of elections. Democratic members of Congress still act as a monolithic "Borg" entity. One would assume that if there were any rationale Democrats (Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Tulsi Gabbard) left within the hive mind that they would begin to peel-off and begin to think and act independently. Yet they don't. (In fact, the Democrat Mayors of several cities are blaming Republicans for the illegal immigrant crises and not Biden who is purposely letting them enter the US.) Additionally, the public opinion polls (should you believe them) imply that approximately 35% of the public is blissfully unaware of the Republican assertion that they see through the Democratic party dishonesty.

It is admirable that the Republican pundits want to project a winning image to the public. Nevertheless it seems that a lot more public convincing needs to be accomplished to actually get the public to see through Democratic party deception.

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 11:07
If it is possible that all of their messaging is misinformation, then a clear thinker will see that it is also possible that all of your messaging in misinformation. And if we can't trust the media or opinion polls, then at least, thankfully, you have provided us with...
anecdotal evidence
Thank you, have a nice day, and yes, who are those people?

ebs17

Local time
Today, 20:07
The “alternative truths” were and have become famous through frequent use by Republican experts.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The “alternative truths” were and have become famous through frequent use by Republican experts.
Afraid not, the Democrats are famous for misinformation. They are masters at it. The gullible public unfortunately just sucks it up. Courtesy of most of the media which acts as the propaganda arm for the Democratic party. If the public paid attention, the polls would be showing an approval rate of nearly 0% for the Biden administration. Goebbels and Orwell would be proud of how Democrats abuse the English language to project "alternative truths".

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Republican pundits keep claiming that the people see through Democratic party misinformation, of which there is much. Nevertheless, anecdotal evidence would seem to undercut that rosy partisan assertion. The "red wave" fizzled in the last couple of elections. Democratic members of Congress still act as a monolithic "Borg" entity. One would assume that if there were any rationale Democrats (Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Tulsi Gabbard) left within the hive mind that they would begin to peel-off and begin to think and act independently. Yet they don't. (In fact, the Democrat Mayors of several cities are blaming Republicans for the illegal immigrant crises and not Biden who is purposely letting them enter the US.) Additionally, the public opinion polls (should you believe them) imply that approximately 35% of the public is blissfully unaware of the Republican assertion that they see through the Democratic party dishonesty.

It is admirable that the Republican pundits want to project a winning image to the public. Nevertheless it seems that a lot more public convincing needs to be accomplished to actually get the public to see through Democratic party deception.
Young, dashing Vivek winning the presidency could "get" the Republican message through to the younger generation in a powerful and permanent manner. I sure wish he could win. I say that to call out that younger people would follow and appreciate his persona, I think.

If I had only one-tenth of his energy and intellectual poise, I could solve all my life problems and most people I knew!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I also like Vivek. I hope Trump puts him to work cleaning house in Washington. VP would be my choice because he wouldn't be tied to a specific department. He could oversee the process of dismantling the DOE and the purge of the DOJ and the slimming down of most of the other agencies. I would love to see as many agencies as possible moved to the hinterlands. Middle America could use the influx of jobs and spreading out the government workers minimizes the problem of confirmation bias in the bubble of DC.

Nikki Haley is a RINO who will serve her donors. They've certainly paid enough for the service. She has said some really bad things about Trump and she loves war. No war is a bad war and we need more of them which we will get with her at the helm.

DeSantis is washed up. He is a fool. He was a shoo-in for 2028. All he needed to do was to serve out his last term as Governor and then take up some position in the Trump administration and Trump would have backed him as he did when DeSantis was about to lose the last election.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Can you imagine how much money we would save in getting rid of just 10% of the beauracracy?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
It would be a wonderful thing. The problem will be reabsorbing all those displaced lazy bums into productive businesses. We can't have them on the dole with the illegals.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Nikki Haley is a RINO who will serve her donors. They've certainly paid enough for the service. She has said some really bad things about Trump and she loves war. No war is a bad war and we need more of them which we will get with her at the helm

Everyone likes to say stuff like 'getting out of wars', or 'needless wars', until we realize that by not engaging iran all these years, the houthis are threatening international trade. Some day, we actually will run out of toilet paper like we thought we might during covid!

Unfortunately the world is an awful and terrifying place. We probably are going to have to fight some foreign wars if we want to keep food on the table and security around us

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It would be a wonderful thing. The problem will be reabsorbing all those displaced lazy bums into productive businesses. We can't have them on the dole with the illegals.
Honestly, most beaurocrats are way worse than most illegals. The illegals by and large want to work - very bad, bad enough to do bad things (admittedly) to get there, like coming in illegally and stealing SS identities. that's dedication!

I see the bigger problem is a cultural shift where new generations don't want to work very much at all. The guts and soul of America has become rotten, corrupt, lazy, blaming everyone else, etc.

Yeah we need to totally shut down the border, but I still feel like the bigger problem is the internal cultural rot

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
but I still feel like the bigger problem is the internal cultural rot
It's all around us. Look at all the people "working" from home. I was really happy when X threatened to fire them if they didn't come back to the office and other companies have done similar things.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
It's all around us. Look at all the people "working" from home. I was really happy when X threatened to fire them if they didn't come back to the office and other companies have done similar things.

As long as there's a solid reason to be in the office, then yeah, I agree. I personally am 100% remote and would quit if made to come in to the office - there's just too many remote jobs these days for me to voluntarily commute anywhere. And there is no reason for me to put pants on, come in to a special place and sit in a special chair all day just to write code.

But you're right - part of the cultural rot CAN be seen from the work-from-home emphasis, not because those of us who are legit are bad, but because the young people want to "jump" to that level of their careeer immediately. That makes no sense. I spent about 10 years in tech or quasi-tech jobs BEFORE I was trusted to work from home 100%. They want to go straight there. I.E., "Daddy, I just want to be a youtuber" - (where they take random videos, the girls on how to do makeup and the boys on how to skateboard upside down or something and hope for enough ad revenue to pay their parents enough basement rent to keep from being kicked out). Sad state of affairs

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
and hope for enough ad revenue to pay their parents enough basement rent to keep from being kicked out). Sad state of affairs
Some of those parents may be living in their kids basement

1. MrBeast (Jimmy Donaldson): $54 million per year​

Mr. Beast is great, BTW.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tech jobs are some that can be done remotely but you miss a lot if you are never in the office. People talking at the "water cooler" can provide excellent insight into an application you are trying to design and they might never think to share it with you in your weekly Zoom meeting. I've been a consultant for 40+ years. It is only since I have been using Access that remote work became feasible. Of course, at the same time, it was becoming feasible for developers using other platforms also, not just Access. The key was the Remote Desktop tools that let you log into your office workstation remotely and everything functioned just as if you were sitting in the office at your desk. I have some clients that I have not nor will I ever meet in person. Some have even become friends we've been together for so long but for local clients, I try to make physical appearances regularly so I can talk in person both formally and informally as well as sit with them as they are working the app I am building. They don't always tell you about the awkward stuff. They figure out how to work around it but don't think to ask you to fix it.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Tech jobs are some that can be done remotely but you miss a lot if you are never in the office. People talking at the "water cooler" can provide excellent insight into an application you are trying to design and they might never think to share it with you in your weekly Zoom meeting. I've been a consultant for 40+ years. It is only since I have been using Access that remote work became feasible. Of course, at the same time, it was becoming feasible for developers using other platforms also, not just Access. The key was the Remote Desktop tools that let you log into your office workstation remotely and everything functioned just as if you were sitting in the office at your desk. I have some clients that I have not nor will I ever meet in person. Some have even become friends we've been together for so long but for local clients, I try to make physical appearances regularly so I can talk in person both formally and informally as well as sit with them as they are working the app I am building. They don't always tell you about the awkward stuff. They figure out how to work around it but don't think to ask you to fix it.

I agree there IS something special about the face to face coworker talk, but it is all a matter of balance, if employees like working from home you get them happier in that one regard at least, and you save a lot of money on facilities and the accompanying HR/liability issues.

Like you said, it does depend on the specifics of the job. It also depends on the communication skills of those people who are relying on the weekly zoom meeting, so to speak. They may have to work harder to get information out of people, OR in some cases it may actually be easier, because some people are more shy in person meetings but will speak up on the phone (I was one of those people, I found it easier to speak up on the phone).

For me, my current life's career niche is sql server queries with a mild amount of ETL work thrown in, there is just no need for me to personally see my coworkers. In fact once a year when we do, all we do is get carried away talking about irrelevant nonsense and laughing. Which is great for our relationship, and once a year is perfect for it :)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Who are these people?
Biden's national approval ratings are somewhere in the 30% percent range. New Hampshire had a non-existent primary, in that the Democratic party "shut out" New Hampshire from the Democratic primary process to nominate their presidential candidate. Biden, as the nominal head of the Democratic Party arrogantly snubbed New Hampshire. He did not register as a candidate and did not even campaign in New Hampshire. One would think that a Democrat in New Hampshire would feel very insulted, yet Biden unbelievable (at the last minute) received 67% of the vote through a write-in process. Seems that the Democrats have an extremely effective "machine" for manufacturing votes on an as-needed basis when they push the start button.

The other candidate, Dean Phillips received nearly 20% of the vote. Unlike Biden, he registered and hit the campaign trail. It would seen that Democrats in New Hampshire would have appreciated his efforts and also listened to what he had to say. Furthermore, Biden has extensive negative baggage that should have encouraged Democratic voters to go with a fresh new face. So why did Phillips only receive nearly 20% of the vote?

Then there are the Republicans, who of course claim that people have no enthusiasm for Biden, but there is a credibility concern. The Republican "red wave" fizzled. Beyond the Republican, there have also been a spattering of national articles asserting that Democrats are apathetic. Given that, who are these people who come-out to vote for Biden?

Democratic Presidential Primary: New Hampshire Results 2024

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom