Who's Next? (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:18
Looks like Finland said a dirty four-letter word to which Putin reacted in shock and dismay. Apparently he doesn't like the word NATO. I hope the admissions process for Finland starts quickly so that he HAS to fish or cut bait. He's losing a LOT of soldiers already. A war on two fronts is a factor that made Germany's position in WW2 absolutely untenable. With only one front, they MIGHT have reached a situation where a stalemate and an eventual truce could have been established. With two fronts? They were doomed.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 05:18
IMO, likeliest thing, is that nobody will actually use nukes unless they are actually threatened - not just diplomatic semantic wrangling but really, actually threatened. With one exception: People who are seriously mentally abnormal. As much as we love to hate Putin, I don't think he's anywhere close to that category. North Korea, yes, maybe. Any country with Islamic principles as its motivation, makes it possible too.
Putin is just a normal dictator who, I believe, ultimately wants to live a "semi normal life". We shouldn't prance around declaring that out loud to him (because anyone is capable of losing their head), though. Which I'm sure Biden will do as soon as the thought occurs to him, because he is a moron who also announces in great detail which arms we are shipping to Ukraine so that Russia can be as prepared as possible.

He is not going to start nuking the world just because people joined NATO. They will all continue posturing and preening their feathers until time gives them little opportunities to slowly stand down from each other in various ways gradually.

Politics and power relationships are full of seeming ridiculous contradictions. Ponder the fact that Russia and China are even on the UN Security Council, I mean the whole thing is a laughable sham, but they get off on it and maybe it helps maintain some "balance of power", if only in their heads.

I believe at the end of the day this Putin thing is winding down and will go nowhere. He will annex that one little territory whose appearance of choice is being currently manipulated and that is about it.

Not to change the subject, but I think the bigger story of the decade(?) continues to be China. Russia needs attention right now, yes, but we must stay focused on the country which is actually racing ahead of us on EVERY.IMAGINABLE.FRONT. Ranging from technology to medicine to cyber-warfare to traditional military to dozens upon dozens upon dozens of interesting random things you've probably never heard of, such as they own the brand that hundreds of millions of women across the world including the US use for pregnancy testing to get complex and useful genetic information that nobody else has - I mean the list goes on and on.

We have to continue to focus on traditional Republican priorities: strong defense! which now includes high tech and traditional, a strong and muscular military

Last edited:

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:18
Putin cut Finland off from their electricity supply today. Apparently, Finland only needs 10% from Russia.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:18
something I heard today

Ukrainian soldier boasts 'we've killed 10,000 Russian soldiers'

Russian soldier boasts 'we've killed 10,000 Ukrainian civilians'

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Hitler didn't have nukes.

Only because we bombed his "heavy water" experimental facility into oblivion. Look up the Norwegian location Telemark, which is where Hitler's people were working on a necessary material that would moderate the nuclear fission byproducts. When the facility was finally destroyed in 1943, they tried to move some products elsewhere, but the ship carrying the heavy water was sunk in a nearby lake.

Wikipedia and several other sources have decent articles on the subject.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:18
The UN is such a complete and utter joke. Why are not angry mobs surrounding the UN in NYC and every other building they own all over the world? Why is the UN allowing one of its members to bomb another country to smithereens?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Because the compromises that formed the UN allowed major powers the right to veto actions but they had not provision for what to do if the problem was with one of the major powers.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I understand the problem with the UN. I was asking why the good and feeling people of the left all over the world were not throwing Molotov cocktails in protest of big bad Russia invading our dear friend Ukraine. Maybe their handlers don't want them to protest because that would wake people up to what a waste the UN is. Trump was right.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Some news sources say that about a week after the start of the Russian-Ukraine conflict, someone tried to assassinate Putin. Other sources claim that a coup is brewing underneath him. I fear we are victims of the ancient Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.

Renny09

Local time
Today, 14:18
Putin cut Finland off from their electricity supply today. Apparently, Finland only needs 10% from Russia.
And everyone can now do without Russia. Everyone found a way out. Only prices are rising. But nothing.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The part that will absolutely assure the demise of the current Russian state is that Putin sent men to war in huge numbers, and larger numbers FLED the call-up - leaving him with insufficient labor forces to make more war materials. Between the 60K+ deaths and the hundreds of thousands of draft dodgers, Russia is facing a manpower shortage that they can never replace as long as they stay on a war-time posture.

Grumm

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:18
The part that will absolutely assure the demise of the current Russian state is that Putin sent men to war in huge numbers, and larger numbers FLED the call-up - leaving him with insufficient labor forces to make more war materials. Between the 60K+ deaths and the hundreds of thousands of draft dodgers, Russia is facing a manpower shortage that they can never replace as long as they stay on a war-time posture.
He as already a plan for that xD
In form of the pro-family support program. Basicly he will give money to all those who make babies (like $5200 for children born or adopted until end 2021)
Probably because he knows what he is doing and a needs future manpower.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
NATO is not a word - its an acronym.
Col
Sorry Col, I had to...

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
So, we could bomb Mexico and no one would care because we are permanent members of the security council??? Despite the fact that they are facilitating a ground invasion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom