Local time
Today, 04:31
Uh-oh...:eek:

Link

PaulJR

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:31
Why is it the poorest in poor countries are skinny, yet the poorest in rich countries are so fat?

I guess in poor countries people have to work for a living, and grow their own food. In rich countries, the poor are lazy fat slobs.

KenHigg

Local time
Today, 04:31
Why is it the poorest in poor countries are skinny, yet the poorest in rich countries are so fat?

I guess in poor countries people have to work for a living, and grow their own food. In rich countries, the poor are lazy fat slobs.

I think 'lazy fat slobs' may be a little harsh. I think it's because in some countries a person can work less to obtain food and shelter as opposed to people in less developed coutries where they must work longer hours - ?

oumahexi

Free Range Witch
Local time
Today, 09:31

Not necessarily. Poor people in the poorest countries are skinny because they are starving. In richer countries we don't allow our poor to starve, we give them minimal amounts to live on then make sure they cannot access decent food by placing rediculous prices on nutritional food and offering subsidies to food like bread. In short, if you are on a low income in a rich country chances are you can't afford to eat a decent diet. Couple that with the depression that comes with the situation, depressed people are less likely to have the energy or motivation to exercise.

Fat lazy slobs they may be, but I'm sure most would jump at the chance for a "normal" life.

Pauldohert

Something in here
Local time
Today, 01:31
I'm not having this healthy food is expensive rubbish.

Lets take tonight for me - I could have a takeaway - say 7 quid - or go home and have a pasta, withe some king of veggie sauce < 2 quid, maybe less than1 quid with all kinds of fresh fruit and veg.

Has scotland not got aldi - 49p for three peppers - they do not make you fat!

Even it it was expensive - you would still have to eat too many calories to to end up obese.

The depression , and given up on everything , I can beleive.

But then there are tales of conservative politicians or new labour for that matter, who spent the previous ten years on expenses and eating in the ivy, managed quite happily for 7 days on income support levels, and went merrily on their way back to the ivy, caribbean and whereever else with no ill effects at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom