Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:21
any response ?

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Americans are not congenitally stupid ; far from it. But their great unwashed public are without doubt the most naive, ingenuous and incredulous race on Earth. They are also utterly blinded by a sense of false patriotism that closes both their eyes and minds to a proper perception of their countries faults. One of which is their acidly hypocritical desire to condemn the empires of other nations whilst clambering on the backs of these countries in the haste to build their own. There are so many examples of their efforts to demolish the British Empire that I find it odd that so few people are aware of this ambition of theirs.
Just think of how rabidly anti British their Admiral King sought to keep Great Britain out of the Pacific in the closing stages of WW2, or how President Eisenhower stabbed us in the back over Suez, or how President Wilson's Fourteen Points Declaration strived to break up the British Empire at the end of the Great War.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Yesterday, 21:21
You couldn't be more wrong.
This last election, only 30% of those who could vote actually voted. It was a close race where for example our Govonor was elected with 48% of the votes. This means that in our State, about 85% of the mass who could have voted or did vote did not support our Govonor.
The apathy for our broken political system was not this high since... World War One (WWI). If we were indeed patriotic, we would change things. In reality, nobody cares.
Don't confuse the Hollywood style News with mythical will of the citizens.
The largest contributors to the two major party system is of course the Too-Big-To-Fail Bankers.
The same types that rigged LIBOR and rigged the Exchange Rates in the UK.
Here is a cartoon about the UK and its untouchable Bankers:
http://d1w116sruyx1mf.cloudfront.net/ee-assets/gsd/funnies/Crown_Jewels.jpg
Not picking on the UK, apathy is much worse over here.

There are no markets, only interventions.
We are all just observers and pawns in the Great Game.

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Yesterday, 22:21
I like how this thread was started by a pretty obvious troll (at least i hope he was, else he should better be a teenager), and has now reached 6 pages without any more input from said troll. The internet is a funny place indeed.
BTT: Death to America (so this thread can make it to a dozend pages) :D

This forum is extremely easy to troll I've noticed. Very serious opinions around here.

Marlin47

Registered User.
Local time
Hello Rx,

Yours was certainly a reply based on informed opinion, and all the more to be respected for that,of course. I am, though, not sure as to whose comment you were referring ; if it was by any chance mine, I still stand by what I say, although it is clear from what you have said that I can now include apathy amongst those other faults I have listed in the character of Americans. I would say, though, that some of these faults are endemic in other nationalities ; it is just that they are much less noticeable than those of Americans.......and therefore much less likely to influence or interfere with others, unless one lives in an oil rich Middle Eastern country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom