Why oh why oh why - the date (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:27
Most of our visitors are from the US.

And as I said earlier , they cannot cope with anything that is not American.

But yes go long date or international yyyy-mm-dd

Brian

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:27
It is an Access forum. SQL uses mm/dd/yyyy format so surely it really shouldn't be too much for any developer to cope with.

SQL also accepts ISO dates so perhaps that a reasonable alternative.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 06:27
VBulletin is also an American software. :p

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
We have been doing things this way for the last 29 Years 11 Months and about 6 Days.

If it is not broken don't fix it.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
We have been doing things this way for the last 29 Years 11 Months and about 6 Days.

If it is not broken don't fix it.

Just because something is not broken doesn't mean that it cannot be improved.

Brian

RainLover

Local time
Well Brian,

If you can prove that your proposed improvement is actually an improvement from what we have for many years without loss of life or limb.

Then and only then let us consider forming a committee to choose a group of people who will act as a committee to investigate if the proposed improvements warrant further action by the committee or should it be referred to an executive sub committee in order to form an executive committee for resolution.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
LOL
I would like to explain to the Chairperson of the committee that I did not propose any changes, but merely commented on statements in the posts.
As a young member of this forum I am adaptable to all scenarios.

Brian

RainLover

Local time
LOL
I would like to explain to the Chairperson of the committee that I did not propose any changes, but merely commented on statements in the posts.
As a young member of this forum I am adaptable to all scenarios.

Brian

Brian

Just stick with me and I will teach you a thing or two.

I am fresh out of school so I know everything. I can even use the word Metadata. But not in a sentence. I have to go back for my Masters to do that.

RainLover

Local time
One last thing.

It is 1:25 AM in God's country. So in anyone's calculations that equals sleep.

TTFN

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
It would explain why the world is in a mess if God is either an Aussie or an American.

Brian
;)

RainLover

Local time
What are you talking about? It's 8:30 AM. Next you'll be saying it's Wednesday instead of Tuesday. :p

If that is the case then I just missed my flight. I am either early for work next week or late for last week.

RainLover

Local time
It would explain why the world is in a mess if God is either an Aussie or an American.

Brian
;)

Looks like we both might need him soon. Another war is just around the corner.

Why can't the Chinese fight this one for a change.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Looks like we both might need him soon. Another war is just around the corner.

Why can't the Chinese fight this one for a change.

The Chinese are not warmongers and are far to intelligent to go around creating enemies.

When I was at uni in the late 50s an African student was saying that we should hand our colonies back, quite rightly, when challenged that the new rulers might be right bastards his reply was yes but they will be our bastards.

I'm not convinced that outside interference in any civil conflict solves anything long term

Brian

RainLover

Local time
The Chinese are not warmongers and are far to intelligent to go around creating enemies.

When I was at uni in the late 50s an African student was saying that we should hand our colonies back, quite rightly, when challenged that the new rulers might be right bastards his reply was yes but they will be our bastards.

I'm not convinced that outside interference in any civil conflict solves anything long term

Brian

I have to agree with you for the most part.

However there are exceptions. Our recent involvement with East Timor is one example. Yugoslavia is another and of course the big one Hitler.

There are countries that simply can't be helped. They are divided amongst themselves and will not accept outside help.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I don't recall Hitler being involved in a civil war, and Yugoslavia was a special case in that it was not strictly a civil war as Yugoslavia was an artificial country created out of others that never did get on and it was held together by Tito's dictatorship.

I am sad to say that I am totally ignorant of the Timor issue, my bad.

Brian

fortion

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:27
its a problem with all forums really....it has to be date,month,year......sanity dictates it....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom