Why won't the fields disapear? (1 Viewer)

Little_Man22

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:36
I currenlty have a field that is programmed to appear after another field is updated (i.e if someone selects 'other' from the canadian status combo box, a field appears that allows them to expand on this field - they may chose to enter 'student visa' within this field for instance).

These fields are also linked to a report. I'm running into problems wherein suppose I select the 'other' category and enter 'student visa' into the afterupdate text box. However, pretend this was a misprint and I am actually a Canadian Citizen. Thus, I select 'Canadian Citizen' from the combo box and the afterupdate box dissapears.

This is all fine except on the report it still shows under 'other' that I have a student visa. In other words, although I have changed the field in the combo box and the afterupdate box has dissapeared it still stores the hidden info and will subsequently print it on the report.

So how can I get the afterupdate box to delete all of its info when it dissapears? So when I print the report I don't see 'student visa' given that the computer recognizes that I have selected 'Canadian Citizen' from the combo box.

Thanks in advance.

Jack Cowley

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:36
Before you make the field invisible again run this bit of code:

Me.AfterUpdateBox = ""
Me.AfterUpdateBox.Visible = False

That will clear out any text that is in the text box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom