win 8 to 8.1 (1 Viewer)

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 19:39
I hated win 8 bu tjust finished upgrading to 8.1 and the first look filled me with joy, hope it doesn't let me down on further acquaintance.

brian

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:39
Good for you. I hope that the upgrade to Windows 8.1 works for you.
I moved onto Linux (Ubuntu 13.10) and have been very pleased with it.
At the end of the month, I will be joining you in the retirement pool.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 19:39
Hi Steve I had noticed your move to Linux in your signature, I have just been forced to get a new machine due to the demise of my old PC running XP and office 2002 ! , so bought a laptop which had win 8 and office 2013, not Access though as I have only used that on here for the 8 years of retirement, don't feel that I should be still giving technical advice.

I would feel a bit vulnerable going to Linux as I no longer have contact with any other techies, perhaps I'm a coward.

BTW I dislike Excel 2013 too, why do Microsoft insist on changing the user interface, hell I had to Google to find out how to open the VBA editor. The simple things we all use appear to be more complicated, no doubt I will get used to it but that doesn't mean it's ok much less better than 2002/3

Hope you enjoy your retirement when it comes. Keep busy even if its with your feet up fishing if that's your thing!

Brian

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 14:39
I would feel a bit vulnerable going to Linux as I no longer have contact with any other techies, perhaps I'm a coward.
Linux has come a long way towards being "plug and play". Also, as with this forum, there is now a variety of online (volunteer) Linux support. Nevertheless, managing a Linux box still requires a bit more work, but its not that onerous.

MichaelSmith

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:39
Edit: Nevermind just saw the date of the last reply, bringing this back from the dead. Oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom