Workcard database (1 Viewer)

saintsman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:12
I'm looking for suggestions on how to do this.

We have a fleet of aircraft that have mixed variants (ie some have cargo doors, others do not). I am looking to control the workcards that are issued for the maintenance. Currently we have them stored on Word. For simplicity, a particular maintenance check that may have 200 different workcards are stored as a single Word file. Each workcard will have a series of unique operations and associated signature block. Because of the different variants, not all of the workcards are applicable. This means that say 30 out of the 200 are not required. I am trying to print out only what I need.

I can create a database and query that will allow me to define what workcards are are required for a particular aircraft and particular maintenance check without much problem, but I am unsure on how to tie the actual workcard to the requirements.

Obviously it would be ideal for the workcards to be printed as a report but the workcards need to be in a standard format. For the workcard operations, Access would only print out what was required (a workcard could have one operation or three or four) and that would leave me with blank space on the report which is un-acceptable. I must have the workcard formatted in the example attached (which has empty operations - not the same as blank space). I hope I have managed to get across what I mean.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• Sample Workcard.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 142

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:12
Look up the following articles in the Microsoft knowledgebase for ideas on how to produce the look you want:
210350 - ACC2000 How to Print a Constant Number of Lines Per Group
286247 - ACC2002 Vertical Lines in a Report Do Not Grow with Section
210321 - ACC2000 How to Shrink and Grow a Rectangle in a Report

saintsman

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:12
Pat Hartman said:
Look up the following articles in the Microsoft knowledgebase for ideas on how to produce the look you want:
210350 - ACC2000 How to Print a Constant Number of Lines Per Group
286247 - ACC2002 Vertical Lines in a Report Do Not Grow with Section
210321 - ACC2000 How to Shrink and Grow a Rectangle in a Report

Thanks Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom