Wrong result of a calculation (1 Viewer)

3divine

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:28
Can someone help me please figure out why I am getting an incorrect value (this is just one of the example) as a result of a calculation in my query.

Access 97:

Table- - - - - - - - >Fields- - - - -- - ->Values

tblMth02- - -- - - ->Absorption- - - - >28632.70
tblAbsAll- - - - - - >MachineDir- - - - >17863.50

Data in tblMth02 changes every month but data from tblAbsAll are mostly fixed values but some of the field values came from a result of expressions.

Every month, I want the user to just be able to delete all the old records from tblMth02 and Paste Append the new data. All they have to do is get the report and perform a Journal Entry.

Query:

AbsMachFix:[tblMthJun02].[Absorption]-[tblAbsAll].[MachineDir]

When I run the query the result I'm getting is this: -2852.31 which should be 10769.20.

All the result of the other calculations (from various expressions) were all correct except the above expression.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:28
What isn't shown here is how you know to match up the given records in the tables.

Case A: Each table has a single, log record. If so, there is no explanation that comes to mind.

Case B: Each table has many records. In that case, I would look real hard at any JOIN criteria you are using - or not using as the case may be. Because it sounds to me like somehow you are looking at the wrong record.

3divine

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:28
To The_Doc_Man,

Thanks for the feedback.

Have too many details and I know it's difficult to help someone without seeing the whole picture. But I found a work around that.

I deleted the expression in query design but on the report , I created a calculated textbox using the same control sources and it displayed the correct values.

Happy July 4th!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom