Yahoo Messenger (1 Viewer)

ionutp23

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
Hi first of all merry christmas everyone.

I would like to make a small messenger like yahoo messenger using mysql anyone who can help me?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yesterday, 19:34
hey guy, that's pretty slick! I might just use that someday...

ion, you say you want to build a messenger with mysql? are you sure you meant to say that? did you mean inside access itself, like guy's example?

ionutp23

Registered User.
Local time
hey guy, that's pretty slick! I might just use that someday...

ion, you say you want to build a messenger with mysql? are you sure you meant to say that? did you mean inside access itself, like guy's example?

Yes mysql in vb as i have no idea about access not that i know to much in vb also.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Yes mysql in vb as i have no idea about access not that i know to much in vb also.
mysql is totally unrelated to vb. although you may be able to write some connection strings between a vb application front end and a mysql backend database. are you wanting a messaging service to operate on a website?

ionutp23

Registered User.
Local time
mysql is totally unrelated to vb. although you may be able to write some connection strings between a vb application front end and a mysql backend database. are you wanting a messaging service to operate on a website?

Hi. what i want is simple in words hard on code (for me)
Create windows program which show looks most like yahoo and be any instant messenger but using mysqlto store the chat/users images etc.. while i can design i dont know to much coding for it. and i was hoping maybe some one here would help. to be honest i and my old yahoo friends would love to have yahoo messenger back but that wont be possible so i was thinking why not make a new one but simple still use the old emticons and sound as i have them. :D

ionutp23

Registered User.
Local time
Crossposted ...

I dont get you? Yes following the upper post i found in the forum php so not shure if you trying to be rude. A d the 2 posts has nothing in common.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Hi. what i want is simple in words hard on code (for me)
Create windows program which show looks most like yahoo and be any instant messenger but using mysqlto store the chat/users images etc.. while i can design i dont know to much coding for it. and i was hoping maybe some one here would help. to be honest i and my old yahoo friends would love to have yahoo messenger back but that wont be possible so i was thinking why not make a new one but simple still use the old emticons and sound as i have them. :D
yahoo messenger was proprietary. I doubt you could make anything that could look *exactly* like that. furthermore, you need an ODBC driver at the very least to communicate with a MYSQL database, and probably a custom application to implement that ODBC. Also, I wouldn't think you could find anyone around here to code such application for you without being paid. That would be quite a bit of work.

ionutp23

Registered User.
Local time
yahoo messenger was proprietary. I doubt you could make anything that could look *exactly* like that. furthermore, you need an ODBC driver at the very least to communicate with a MYSQL database, and probably a custom application to implement that ODBC. Also, I wouldn't think you could find anyone around here to code such application for you without being paid. That would be quite a bit of work.

well using mysql conector could do the trick basicaly is all about inserting and retreiving data from mysql db which is live i would use a vps for it and wont be slow.

on the other hand i could make everything which would be not to much work creating the look for sure not same look 100% but i guess yes.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:34
I dont get you? Yes following the upper post i found in the forum php so not shure if you trying to be rude. A d the 2 posts has nothing in common.

My apologies. At first blush it looed like a crosspost because your initial introduce yourself post was similiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom